What is Search.conquerworld.fr?
Search.conquerworld.fr is a dubious search engine and a browser hijacker that primarily targets French-speakers. It is classified as a hijacker because it can get into your computer via software bundles and will alter your browser’s settings. It is attached to free software and unless you deselect it when installing freeware, it will install as well. A browser hijacker is not a malicious computer virus and it will not harm your computer directly as that is not its main purpose. However, it will make changes to your browsers and encourage you to visit sponsored websites.
Essentially, you will be redirected to weird pages because Search.conquerworld.fr aims to generate traffic and make income. While relatively unlikely, it is possible that you could be redirected to dangerous websites and end up with malware. We suggest you remove Search.conquerworld.fr as soon as possible.
Why should you delete Search.conquerworld.fr?
The reason Search.conquerworld.fr is on your computer is because it was attached to free software you were installing and you did not deselect it. This is not uncommon and many users find themselves with all sorts of unwanted items for this reason. In order to prevent this, you need to use Advanced settings when installing freeware and deselect the added items. If that is done, you can proceed to install the freeware. Do not rush through the installation process is Default settings as you will not be able to view what has been added. If you have already installed this hijacker, you need to uninstall Search.conquerworld.fr.
The first thing you will notice is that Search.conquerworld.fr has been set as your homepage and new tabs. These browser’s changes are carried out to all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and cannot be undone until you remove Search.conquerworld.fr from your computer. Every single time you open your browser, Search.conquerworld.fr will load. The website is in French and provides a search engine. If you were to use it, you would quickly realize that Search.conquerworld.fr inserts sponsored websites into the results. That is done so that you would enter sponsored sites and the hijacker could generate pay-per-click revenue. The redirects are usually somewhat harmless, however, in some cases when dealing with a browser hijacker, you could be taken to malware-ridden websites and end up encountering a malicious virus. You should not trust search engines that suddenly just appear on your browser as they could bring about a lot of trouble for you. Delete Search.conquerworld.fr.
If you choose to uninstall Search.conquerworld.fr, you can do it either manually or automatically. Manual Search.conquerworld.fr removal might take more time as you will have to locate Search.conquerworld.fr yourself. If you choose to erase Search.conquerworld.fr automatically, you will have to obtain a reliable removal tool. If you are having trouble, feel free to refer to our provided guide to help you eliminate Search.conquerworld.fr.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.conquerworld.frUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.conquerworld.fr. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.conquerworld.fr and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.conquerworld.fr and related programs.
Remove Search.conquerworld.fr from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.conquerworld.fr from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.conquerworld.fr from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.conquerworld.fr from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.conquerworld.fr or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.conquerworld.fr from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.conquerworld.fr from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.conquerworld.fr from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.conquerworld.fr from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.conquerworld.fr and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.