Search.di-cmf.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Search.di-cmf.com)
Search.di-cmf.com is a browser hijacker that belongs to Localhost, which is powered by Saferbrowser. Localhost is classified as a potentially unwanted application. It is linked to other hijackers like Search.tv-cmf.com, Search.pa-cmf.com, and some others.
All of them claim that they can provide you with useful features, but their main purpose has nothing to do with that. They are aimed at boosting web traffic and thus making money for Saferbrowser. If you never intended to alter your browser settings in the first place, you should remove Search.di-cmf.com without hesitation.
Search.di-cmf.com gets distributed in free software bundles, which is why it is entirely possible that you did not install it on purpose. Once it gets access to your PC, the hijacker replaces your home page, new tab, and default search provider with Search.di-cmf.com. This page contains a search box and quick access links to popular sites like Amazon, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and others. It also presents you with a toolbar that contains such buttons Gmail, AOL, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, Hotmail, Google Maps, and Local Weather.
As it has already been mentioned, the main goal of the hijacker is to generate web traffic. It promotes its sponsors in different ways. The hijacker shows you altered search results containing sponsored links. It also inserts adverts into all sites that you open and redirects you to its associated pages in the middle of your browsing. What is important for you to keep in mind is that these ads are not monitored by anyone. They could easily be fake and clicking on them may result in various unwanted consequences including but not limited to malware infections and money losses. If you want to prevent that from happening, you should terminate Search.di-cmf.com right away.
How to remove Search.di-cmf.com?
There are two options to choose from, when it comes to Search.di-cmf.com removal. You can delete Search.di-cmf.com related application and restore your browser settings manually. In case you need more detailed instructions, you are welcome to use the manual removal guide presented below. Alternatively, you can download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to automatically delete Search.di-cmf.com along with other unwanted components that may be present in your system. In addition to Search.di-cmf.com removal, the software will also provide you with online protection in real time, so you can surf the Web without any worries.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.di-cmf.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.di-cmf.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.di-cmf.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.di-cmf.com and related programs.
Remove Search.di-cmf.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.di-cmf.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.di-cmf.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.di-cmf.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.di-cmf.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.di-cmf.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.di-cmf.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.di-cmf.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.di-cmf.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.di-cmf.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.