Search.emaildefendplussearch.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Search.emaildefendplussearch.com)
Search.emaildefendplussearch.com is a browser hijacker powered by Imali. It belongs to a potentially unwanted application called EmailDefendPlus, or simply Emaildefend. This extension travels online in free software bundles. Once it gets installed, it modifies your browser settings. It also causes other unwanted changes like inserting ads into your browsers, causing redirects, tracking your cookies, and more.
The extension affects all popular browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others. It does not add any useful features to them or improve your online surfing experience in any way. We suggest that you terminate Search.emaildefendplussearch.com and its related program without further delay.
The Search.emaildefendplussearch.com website gets set as your home page and default search engine as soon as the extension gets installed. It does not differ much from other sites that provide search services. It contains a search box and such quick access buttons as VirusTotal, AVG Link Scanner, and Jotti. If you make use of the search box, you will get results from Yahoo Search, however, they will be altered by Safe Finder. Some of the links presented in these results may be unsafe, which is why we suggest that you avoid clicking on them.
The same can be stated about other adverts that are injected into your browsers by the unwanted extension. It does not check the content of the advertising data, which means that it can be misleading or completely false. The pages to which the hijacker may redirect you could be unreliable as well. As you can see, Search.emaildefendplussearch.com lowers your online security level. It also slows down your surfing speed and negatively affects your computer performance. You should delete Search.emaildefendplussearch.com for good, if do not wish to experience any of these symptoms any longer.
How to remove Search.emaildefendplussearch.com?
You can remove Search.emaildefendplussearch.com from your browsers by uninstalling its associated application, i.e. EmailDefendPlus, and then fixing your browser settings. These tasks can be completed manually or automatically. If you choose manual Search.emaildefendplussearch.com removal, you are welcome to use the instructions we have prepared below the article. You should not have any difficulties with the removal, if you follow them correctly. If, on the other hand, you prefer to delete Search.emaildefendplussearch.com automatically, you can download the anti-malware tool presented on our page. It will scan your system and detect all unwanted components. The security utility will eliminate Search.emaildefendplussearch.com along with other threats and provide your PC with real-time online protection and other beneficial features.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.emaildefendplussearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.emaildefendplussearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.emaildefendplussearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.emaildefendplussearch.com and related programs.
Remove Search.emaildefendplussearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.emaildefendplussearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.emaildefendplussearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.emaildefendplussearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.emaildefendplussearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.emaildefendplussearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.emaildefendplussearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.emaildefendplussearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.emaildefendplussearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.emaildefendplussearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.