Search.etoolkit.com Removal Tips
Search.etoolkit.com is a browser hijacker that enters your system as a part of a potentially unwanted application developed by eToolkit, Inc. This company provides website owners with custom toolbars that are meant to promote their website.
These toolbars are usually distributed through free third party software bundles. Once installed, they show up in your web browsers. The logo of the toolbar may also appear in other places such as your system tray, context menu, etc. Additionally, your web browser settings will be modified automatically. If you want to delete Search.etoolkit.com, you will also have to uninstall the application to which it belongs.
How does Search.etoolkit.com work?
As it has been mentioned above, potentially unwanted programs usually travel in freeware and shareware bundles. You can avoid installing them, if you simply pay more attention to the freeware installation process. When you acquire free software, you are often presented with two installation modes: Advanced and Recommended. The first mode allows you to select which components you want to install and which you want to prevent from getting access to your PC. This is the mode that you need to choose, if you want to avoid potentially unwanted applications in the future. Make sure that you choose the Advanced installation mode and deselect all unnecessary components shown to you in the wizard.
Once the unwanted program reaches your computer, it changes your home page and default search engine to Search.etoolkit.com. This website contains a suspicious ad, a search box, and quick access links to Facebook, Google, YouTube, Yahoo!, and Billysgames. Whatever it is that the advertisement is trying to promote, we suggest that you stay away from it as it may lead you to an unreliable site. As for the so-called search engine, it will not provide you with relevant results. Moreover, the hijacker will insert its own ads into your search results as well as other websites that you open. You should terminate Search.etoolkit.com as soon as you can.
How to remove Search.etoolkit.com?
There are two ways you can delete Search.etoolkit.com from your browsers: manually or automatically. If you choose manual Search.etoolkit.com removal, you will have to uninstall eToolkit related application from your computer and then fix your browsers. You are welcome to follow the instructions presented in the manual removal guide below this article. The other solution is to remove Search.etoolkit.com automatically. It requires you to implement a malware remover. You can download the utility from our page and scan your system with it. The anti-malware will detect all issues and eliminate Search.etoolkit.com along with them. Moreover, it will protect your PC from other online infections you may encounter in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.etoolkit.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.etoolkit.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.etoolkit.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.etoolkit.com and related programs.
Remove Search.etoolkit.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.etoolkit.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.etoolkit.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.etoolkit.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.etoolkit.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.etoolkit.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.etoolkit.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.etoolkit.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.etoolkit.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.etoolkit.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.