Search.friendlysocket.com Removal Tips
It is so hard to say which tools are trustworthy when there are so many of them these days. Search.friendlysocket.com is one of these tools; however, it is not considered to be a trustworthy search engine even though it looks quite reliable. Therefore, you need to remove Search.friendlysocket.com from browsers immediately if you ever notice it set.
As our experience shows, this search engine sets itself without permission because it acts as a browser hijacker. The search engine changes the homepage, search engine, and New Tab page settings, which means that you will not avoid it if it has already entered your computer. As you already know, this search engine is not the only one that can be trusted, so the Search.friendlysocket.com removal is the wisest decision you can make. In this article you will find the information about the Search.friendlysocket.com removal.
How does Search.friendlysocket.com act?
As Search.friendlysocket.com is a typical browser hijacker, it will set itself without permission on all the browsers. It might seem that it is not dangerous at all to use it; however, you should know that it might present you with the modified search results before you decide to keep using it as the main search tool. These modified search results do not look bad themselves; however, if you click on any of them, you might be taken to a bad website containing malware. Of course, you will not know that you have been taken to an unreliable website. Search.friendlysocket.com might not only cause harm to your computer, but it might also put your privacy into danger because it is known to be capable of gathering information about users and their activities. You can, of course, put an end to this by deleting Search.friendlysocket.com from your browsers. As we have already told you, we will help you to delete Search.friendlysocket.com in this article.
How Search.friendlysocket.com browser hijacker is usually distributed?
Browser hijackers are sneaky infections that do not ask permission to enter systems and apply changes. Most of the time, they travel in bundles with free applications. Users can prevent browser hijackers from entering in some cases, but they need to read information provided for them on installation windows and uncheck boxes that grant the browser hijacker a permission to enter the system. It is sometimes uneasy to notice these boxes, so we suggest that you install security software to protect your computer from future harm.
How can I uninstall Search.friendlysocket.com from the system?
Search.friendlysocket.com will disappear from the system only if you remove its entry from Control Panel and then uninstall its extensions from browsers. This will not be easy to do if you remove a browser hijacker for the first time. If you feel that you cannot delete Search.friendlysocket.com in a manual way, use an automatic malware removal tool. Of course, there are hundreds of tools that are ineffective and will not help you to remove Search.friendlysocket.com, so you should install a tool which you are sure is 100% reliable.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.friendlysocket.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.friendlysocket.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.friendlysocket.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.friendlysocket.com and related programs.
Remove Search.friendlysocket.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.friendlysocket.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.friendlysocket.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.friendlysocket.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.friendlysocket.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.friendlysocket.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.friendlysocket.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.friendlysocket.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.friendlysocket.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.friendlysocket.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.