Search.hr is a browser hijacker, also referred to as a redirect virus. It will change your browser’s settings if it manages to install and you will see Search.hr as your homepage until you remove Search.hr browser hijacker. It is not malware so there is no need to be too worried if you notice that it has hijacked your browser but there is not reason for it to stay on your system. Browser hijackers generally aim to redirect users to sponsored web sites and to monitor browsing activities. Search.hr does not seem to be able to redirect you but it may be able to gather information about you, which could then be sold to third parties. Hijackers are useless to users and will only disrupt browsing sessions. We strongly suggest you take care of Search.hr removal as soon as possible.
Why delete Search.hr do?
Browser hijackers are attached to free software as additional items and that allows them to install alongside. If you want to prevent them from installing, you will need to manually deselect them. In order to do this, choose Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware and you will be given the option of deselecting what has been added. If there is something, all you have to do is uncheck the boxes and you can continue to install the freeware. If you usually rush through the installation processes of free programs, you may end up with all kinds of unwanted programs. If you notice that this particular hijacker has infected your computer, uninstall Search.hr as soon as possible.
As soon as the hijacker enters your computer, it will take over your browser and change settings. When you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will always be redirected to Search.hr. These changes are carried out without your permission and you will be unable to alter the settings until you remove Search.hr. The web page will have a search bar and ‘Search’ written in big, colors, similar to Google. If you type in a search term, you will be taken to Yahoo Search. This is a rather useless service because if users wanted to use Yahoo they could just go directly there. There really is no need to use a website that appeared out of the blue. It may also be monitoring your browsing sessions and gathering data about your use of the Internet. This information could then be sold to third parties who would most likely use it for advertising purposes. Delete Search.hr if you want to go back to normal browsing.
In order to fully eliminate Search.hr, you may want to get professional removal software. Locating the hijacker may be difficult and the program would do it for you. This would be the quickest way to uninstall Search.hr from your computer. You can also choose to erase Search.hr manually and you will find instructions to help you below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.hrUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.hr. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.hr and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.hr and related programs.
Remove Search.hr from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.hr from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.hr from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.hr from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.hr or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.hr from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.hr from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.hr from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.hr from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.hr and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.