Search.inkcamel.com Removal Tips
Search.inkcamel.com is identical to such browser hijackers as Search.myppes.com, Search.dashingpool.com, Search.installmac.com, Search.lunaticake.com, Search.montageobox.xom, Search.searchmoose.com, and many more.
All of these hijackers come from the same developers, who claim to distribute useful software for Mac users. Needless to say, their main purpose has nothing to do with bringing you beneficial software. The hijackers are used for web traffic generation, which is how they make money for their creators. Search.inkcamel.com is not any different. It does not add any valuable features to your browsers. We advise that you waste no time and remove Search.inkcamel.com right away.
How does Search.inkcamel.com work?
The hijacker spreads in free software bundles and often enters systems without the user’s notice. Once inside, it alters your browser settings including your home page and default search provider. These settings are switched to Search.inkcamel.com, a website that contains a search box and such parameters as Web, Images, Videos, News, and Shopping. If you make use of the search box, it will show you results from Genieo Yahoo Search. These results will contain sponsored ads that you should be careful with as they may be unreliable.
Browser settings modifications is not the only change you will notice after the hijacker takes over. It will insert adverts into your visited sites and cause redirects to its associated pages. It will also track your cookies and collect information about which domains you open, what you search for, which ads you click on, and so on. This data is used for creating personalized advertisements. Please keep in mind, however, that even the adverts that look especially useful to you can be fake. If you wish to avoid falling victim to a virtual scam, you should terminate Search.inkcamel.com without unnecessary delay.
How to remove Search.inkcamel.com?
There are two methods you can choose from, if you wish to delete Search.inkcamel.com from your browsers. One of them is manual Search.inkcamel.com removal. It requires you to uninstall the hijacker’s related application and edit your browser settings. Instructions on how to uninstall Search.inkcamel.com manually are provided below the article and if you follow them carefully, you should not have any difficulties with this removal method. Alternative solution is to implement an anti-malware utility and use it to delete Search.inkcamel.com and other unwanted components present on your PC automatically. In addition to cleaning your system, the security tool will also help you keep it infection-free in the future by functioning as a malware prevention measure.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.inkcamel.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.inkcamel.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.inkcamel.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Search.inkcamel.com and related programs.
Remove Search.inkcamel.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.inkcamel.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.inkcamel.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.inkcamel.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.inkcamel.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.inkcamel.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.inkcamel.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.inkcamel.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.inkcamel.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.inkcamel.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.