Search.installmac.com Removal Guide
Search.installmac.com is a search engine that is primarily aimed at users who own MAC computers. If you are one of them and already noticed the presence of Search.installmac.com, there is no doubt that a browser hijacker has slithered onto your computer.
You should never use search engines that are set without your permission because they are unreliable in most cases. Specialists say that Search.installmac.com browser hijacker will hijack all the browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, which means that it is not so easy to remove Search.installmac.com. Luckily, it is still possible to eliminate it. Even though it is not easy to do that, we are going to help you delete Search.installmac.com in the article.
What does Search.installmac.com do?
As has been mentioned, Search.installmac.com will set itself instead of your default search engine. In other words, you might see the presence of Search.installmac.com instead of your Google, Yahoo! or another search provider one day. We highly recommend that you uninstall Search.installmac.com as soon as possible because there is a possibility that this search engine will cause serious harm to your system. This might happen after you click on the sponsored link or a third-party advertisement – they will be presented for you together with legitimate search results. As the majority of search results will consist of these links and ads, it might be more difficult to find the relevant information. In fact, this is not the only reason why it would be clever to implement the Search.installmac.com removal right now. Specialists have observed that this search engine will also collect information about you. Tests have shown that it will primarily record details associated with your browsing activities because it wants to provide you with the targeted ads.
How did Search.installmac.com browser hijacker enter my PC?
It is not so easy to say how Search.installmac.com browser hijacker has managed to enter the system because this threat tends to travel bundled with all kinds of free applications, including PDF creators, video players, and download clients. In addition, users might have set Search.installmac.com themselves because they thought that this search engine is reliable. We want to inform you that there are hundreds of other threats. They might seek to enter your system too. Therefore, you should install a security tool on the system and keep it enabled all the time. Try not to visit bad web pages and download only those programs which you know are 100% reliable.
How can I delete Search.installmac.com from my browsers?
Even though Search.installmac.com looks like a reliable search engine which allows users to search for images, videos, and news, we do not think that this search engine can be trusted fully. The reason is simple – it might put your system at risk. Luckily, you can remove Search.installmac.com from your browsers. You can implement the manual or automatic Search.installmac.com removal. You are the one who can decide how to get rid of it; however, make sure that you erase this threat fully. Do not forget to take care of other programs that travel together with it too.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.installmac.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.installmac.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.installmac.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.installmac.com and related programs.
Remove Search.installmac.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.installmac.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.installmac.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.installmac.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.installmac.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.installmac.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.installmac.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.installmac.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.installmac.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.installmac.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.