search.mecoosh.com is a questionable search engine, potentially classified as a browser hijacker. Browser hijackers can infect your computer if you carelessly install free software and not deselect the added items. Browser hijackers, as well as adware, are attached to free software and need to be deselected. They are not malicious so do not panic if you find one on your computer. The main goal of a browser hijacker is to generate pay-per-click revenue for sponsored websites and it does that by redirecting you to those sites. In order to do that, it needs to make changes to your browser. Changes you do not agree to and cannot undo. While harmless most of the time, there are hijackers that can lead users to malicious content. Your browsing session might end with you obtaining malware. If it has installed onto your computer, we suggest you delete search.mecoosh.com.
How does search.mecoosh.com install?
Browser hijackers can install along with free software. If you obtain a program from an unreliable source, it probably comes together with bundled items, such as a browser hijacker or adware. You can avoid installing them by deselecting them in Advanced (Custom) settings of the freeware installation process. You can only do that in Advanced mode as those items are hiding there. If you go with Default settings, you will end up installing all sorts of unwanted items and will have to remove search.mecoosh.com or similar.
Why uninstall search.mecoosh.com?
When a browser hijacker takes over a browser (and it can usually affect Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox), it changes the browser’s settings. In this case, your homepage and new tabs would be set to mecoosh.com. It should be noted that if you cannot undo the setting changes, you would need to first delete search.mecoosh.com from the system. The provided search engine might look entirely reliable but you should never trust search engines that suddenly appear on your computer without your permission. If you try to search for something using the search engine provided by a browse hijacker, the results are usually filled with ads. You should always be wary of clicking on such ads as you could be led to dangerous websites. While browser hijackers are harmless by themselves, they can still lead you to malicious viruses, which is why you should be cautious. If you notice it on your computer, do not delay it and remove search.mecoosh.com.
If you are looking for the quickest way to uninstall search.mecoosh.com, you need to obtain a reliable removal tool. It will be able to take care of search.mecoosh.com removal with minimal effort from you. However, if that is not an option for you, you can erase search.mecoosh.com yourself. However, to fully eliminate search.mecoosh.com, you will have to locate it and that could be difficult.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove search.mecoosh.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall search.mecoosh.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like search.mecoosh.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall search.mecoosh.com and related programs.
Remove search.mecoosh.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search.mecoosh.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search.mecoosh.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search.mecoosh.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search.mecoosh.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search.mecoosh.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search.mecoosh.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search.mecoosh.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search.mecoosh.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search.mecoosh.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.