Search.moviecarpet.com is a browser hijacker, that supposedly allows you to watch films and various sport broadcasts. You probably did not install it willingly and are now wondering how it managed to get into your computer. Browser hijackers usually use the bundling method to spread, which makes them easy to avoid. However, the problem is that a lot of users do not realize that the freeware they are installing could have hijackers and adware attached to them.
If those added items go unnoticed, they are allowed to install. Browser hijacker are generally not malicious, they mainly aim to generate income by leading you to advertisement content. While a hijacker infection is nothing to worry about, it is important that you get rid of it right away. You could end up with a malware infection on your computer. We suggest you delete Search.moviecarpet.com.
How does Search.moviecarpet.com spread?
All browser hijackers use the bundling method to spread. They come as extra offers to freeware and in order to prevent them from installing alongside the freeware, you need to manually deselect them during installation. When installing freeware, choose Advanced or Custom settings and you will see a couple of boxes appear. Just uncheck them and you are good to go. Do not use Default settings because you will end up missing all the added items. Having to remove Search.moviecarpet.com is much more difficult than it would be to prevent its installation initially.
Should you execute Search.moviecarpet.com removal?
As soon as you install the hijacker, it will hijack all your browsers, no matter if you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. The changes may be carried out without your permission and you will be stuck with them until you uninstall Search.moviecarpet.com. Its domain will be set as your homepage and new tabs, and search.ozby.com will be set as your default search engine. That means that if you perform a search via address bar, you will be redirected there. The search bar on Search.moviecarpet.com will also lead there. Be careful of sponsored content inserted among the legitimate results. Hijackers want you to visit as many advertisement websites as possible because it exists to generate traffic for those sites, and in that way make income. The worrying thing about this is that not all redirects will be harmless. You could be led to dangerous sites where malware could be lurking. To make sure that your computer stays malware-free, delete Search.moviecarpet.com.
There are two ways to remove Search.moviecarpet.com and you should choose the one that best works for you. If you have little to no experience with computers, obtaining anti-malware software and allowing it to uninstall Search.moviecarpet.com may be the best option. Alternatively, you can also erase Search.moviecarpet.com manually, for which instructions will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.moviecarpet.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.moviecarpet.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.moviecarpet.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.moviecarpet.com and related programs.
Remove Search.moviecarpet.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.moviecarpet.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.moviecarpet.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.moviecarpet.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.moviecarpet.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.moviecarpet.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.moviecarpet.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.moviecarpet.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.moviecarpet.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.moviecarpet.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.