What is Search.moviecorner.com?
Search.moviecorner.com is a dubious search engine and a browser hijacker that can enter your computer via software bundles. It would not be surprising if you do not remember downloading Search.moviecorner.com because it must have installed along with some free software you obtained from the Internet. It’s not malicious but it will cause some trouble. It will alter your browser’s settings without your explicit consent and try to redirect you to sponsored websites so that it could generate pay-per-click revenue.
This is typical browser hijacker behavior as they exists to make income by leading users to sponsored websites. If you’re thinking that you’ll allow it to stay because it’s not malicious, you should reconsider. The redirects could lead you to a questionable websites, where you you could obtain malware if you’re not careful. For these reasons, we suggest you delete Search.moviecorner.com.
Why should you uninstall Search.moviecorner.com?
Like we mentioned before, browser hijackers usually use the bundling method to get into computers. They are attached to free software and that permits them to install alongside it. Thankfully, these unwanted installations can be prevented. All you have to do is deselect them during the freeware installation. If you used Default settings, you were not given the option to deselect anything and ended up installing those attached items. If you want to prevent unwanted installations, you will have to make a habit of using Advanced (Custom) settings. Only in those settings will you be able to deselect anything. You would not need to remove Search.moviecorner.com now if you had deselected it in the first place.
When you open your browser (whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox), you will see that Search.moviecorner.com has been set as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. Like we said, you will not be asked to permit these changes and they cannot be undone before you delete Search.moviecorner.com from your computer. If you use the provided search engine, you will notice that it mixes in sponsored pages along with the results. You could end up on weird websites that have nothing to do with what you were searching for. These redirects are carried out so that Search.moviecorner.com could generate pay-per-click revenue. While most of the time they are just annoying, in some cases, you could end up on a dubious websites. If it happened to be infected with malware, you might accidentally download that malware onto your computer. And you might not realize until it’s too late. For these reasons, we strongly recommend you uninstall Search.moviecorner.com.
If you can locate this hijacker, it should not be difficult to remove Search.moviecorner.com. Instructions to aid you in Search.moviecorner.com removal will be provided. However, if you cannot find it, use a professional removal tool to erase Search.moviecorner.com.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.moviecorner.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.moviecorner.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.moviecorner.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.moviecorner.com and related programs.
Remove Search.moviecorner.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.moviecorner.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.moviecorner.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.moviecorner.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.moviecorner.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.moviecorner.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.moviecorner.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.moviecorner.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.moviecorner.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.moviecorner.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.