Search.mysearchengine.info Removal Guide
Search.mysearchengine.info is a browser hijacker that is operated by IMALI – N.I. MEDIA LTD. The hijacker can take over your browser settings without your permission. It can modify your home page and default search engine. This is done in order to present you with various commercial ads and thus generate web traffic.
Browser settings modifications are not the only tactic used to achieve this goal. You will also notice various adverts on your visited pages, get redirected to sponsor sites, and more. We suggest that you do not waste your time on this unreliable engine and uninstall Search.mysearchengine.info as soon as possible.
How does Search.mysearchengine.info work?
The hijacker gets distributed with the help of various freeware and shareware bundles. It is presented as an additional offer during the installation process and if you do not decline it, the hijacker takes over automatically. It is more than likely that together with the hijacker you also acquired other potentially unwanted applications. It has been especially linked to Messenger Plus Toolbar, NewTabTV Plus and WinFix Pro. In order to delete Search.mysearchengine.info, you will also have to uninstall its associated application from your PC.
Once the hijacker gets installed, it alters your browser settings such as home page and default search engine. The website that appears on your screen every time you go online contains nothing but a search box. If you enter a query into it, you get redirected to plusnetwork.com. The results page contains several sponsored links and ads. The advertisements will not be limited to this page alone. You will see them on other sites that you visit as well. The problem is that not all of these ads are safe. Some of the presented ads are clearly fake and clicking on them could lead to serious consequences. To avoid that we suggest that you terminate Search.mysearchengine.info right away.
How to remove Search.mysearchengine.info?
In order to eliminate Search.mysearchengine.info from your browsers, you have to remove its associated program from your system first. If you are not sure which application that is, you can use the free scanner presented on our page that can identify it for you. Once you delete Search.mysearchengine.info related software, you will be able to restore your browser settings. Instructions below can help you with these tasks. Alternatively, you can implement the malware removal tool and erase Search.mysearchengine.info automatically. This is a more effective solution, because it will not only help you make sure that you remove Search.mysearchengine.info along with all other threats, but that you will also keep your PC protected in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.mysearchengine.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.mysearchengine.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.mysearchengine.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.mysearchengine.info and related programs.
Remove Search.mysearchengine.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.mysearchengine.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.mysearchengine.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.mysearchengine.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.mysearchengine.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.mysearchengine.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.mysearchengine.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.mysearchengine.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.mysearchengine.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.mysearchengine.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.