Search.newscrawler.com Removal Instructions
Search.newscrawler.com is a browser hijacker that can enter your system together with a potentially unwanted application called NewsCrawler. The application can come bundled with other freeware or you can install it from its official page at www.newscrawler.com.
On its official website, the program is described as a tool that can help you define your topics of interest, filter your news, find information on current weather and quickly access your favorite social networking pages. NewsCrawler replaces your home page and default search provider, which may be unclear from its description. If you never wanted that, you should uninstall Search.newscrawler.com.
How does Search.newscrawler.com work?
Search.newscrawler.com gets set as your home page and default search provider. It appears on your screen every time you go online and although the site looks more or less reliable, it does not mean you should trust it. If you make use of your new search provider, you will get redirected to Bing. Needless to say, there is no reason why you should deal with the hijacker at all, since you can use Bing Search directly, if you want to. Keep in mind that search results may be altered to include sponsored ads and links.
If you see any other advertisements while browsing the Web, it would be best to avoid them. There is no way to be sure of their safety. You could easily be exposed to fake adverts and if you click on them, you may suffer unwanted consequences including malware infection, data loss or financial issues. Moreover, the hijacker is also known to use tracking cookies in order to collect information about your browsing habits. This information could be sold to third parties and used to create personalized ads. We suggest that you delete Search.newscrawler.com from your browsers and thus improve your online security level.
How to remove Search.newscrawler.com?
You can eliminate Search.newscrawler.com manually or automatically. Manual removal can be completed with the help of the instructions we have prepared below. First, you will have to terminate Search.newscrawler.com related program, i.e. NewsCrawler, and then restore your browser settings. If, however, you choose to remove Search.newscrawler.com automatically, you should download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to clean your system altogether. The malware remover will scan your PC, detect all threats and delete Search.newscrawler.com along with them.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.newscrawler.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.newscrawler.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.newscrawler.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.newscrawler.com and related programs.
Remove Search.newscrawler.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.newscrawler.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.newscrawler.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.newscrawler.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.newscrawler.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.newscrawler.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.newscrawler.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.newscrawler.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.newscrawler.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.newscrawler.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.