What is Search.qamails.com?
Search.qamails.com is a browser hijacker that primarily targets Mac users. It can get into your computer if you have a habit of downloading a lot of free software from the Internet and do not make sure that nothing is added to it. Search.qamails.com is not malicious and exists to generate traffic and make pay-per-click income for certain sites. It is not classified as a virus as it does not put your computer in direct danger. However, it can expose you to possibly unreliable content, which in turn could lead to a malware infection on your computer. A browser hijacker does not offer you anything useful so we suggest you uninstall Search.qamails.com.
Why should you remove Search.qamails.com?
Users usually end up with browser hijackers because they have a habit of obtaining free software regularly. Browser hijackers, adware and other unwanted items are bundled together with free software so if you were to download/install that freeware, you will end up downloading/installing the added items as well. Before you download or open freeware, make sure that nothing is added to it. If there is, and there is no possibility of deselecting it, you need to remove Search.qamails.com before you open it.
Once Search.qamails.com enters your computer, it will hijack all your browsers, including Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Your homepage, new tabs and search engine will be modified and Search.qamails.com will appear as your home website. Changes to your browser will be made without your explicit permission and you will not be able to undo them unless you first delete Search.qamails.com from your computer. At first, Search.qamails.com might look like a regular browser, it even seems to generate results via Yahoo. However, at closer look, it will become clear that it inserts sponsored web pages into the results so that you are redirected to sponsored websites. That is the main reason why browser hijackers even exists. They generate traffic and make pay-per-click income for certain sites and they use you to achieve that. You might end up on all sorts of weird web pages. The redirects are not only irritating, they can also be dangerous. You could end up on malicious pages and obtain malware. And while, as a Mac user, you are less prone malware, it is still possible. We suggest you uninstall Search.qamails.com as quickly as possible.
There are two ways you can delete Search.qamails.com, manually and automatically. You can obtain a professional removal tool compatible with Macs, scan your computer and if it is detected, erase Search.qamails.com. You can also eliminate Search.qamails.com manually but you will have to locate and take care of Search.qamails.com removal yourself. Whichever way you opt for, make sure you terminate Search.qamails.com fully.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.qamails.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.qamails.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.qamails.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.qamails.com and related programs.
Remove Search.qamails.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.qamails.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.qamails.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.qamails.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.qamails.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.qamails.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.qamails.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.qamails.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.qamails.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.qamails.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.