Search.searchcompletion.com Removal Guide
Search.searchcompletion.com is a search engine that is closely associated with a browser hijacker infection. Therefore, users usually notice the presence of this search engine on all the browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox) and cannot understand why their default search engines are replaced. If you are one of those victims of this browser hijacker, you should know that it would be best to remove Search.searchcompletion.com from browsers even though this search engine does not seem to be an extremely dangerous one.
This is the only way to protect the system from harm, so we suggest to delete Search.searchcompletion.com as soon as possible. If you do not know how to implement the Search.searchcompletion.com removal, you need to read this report from beginning to end very carefully.
We are sure that Search.searchcompletion.com will replace your search engine on all the browsers. In order to use it again, you will have to delete Search.searchcompletion.com completely. Of course, this is not the only reason why you need to do that. Experts have found that Search.searchcompletion.com might present users with untrustworthy search results. To be more specific, they will be filled up with all kinds of unreliable links and advertisements that can lead to third-party websites with malicious software. In addition, it is very likely that you will see ads on its main page too. They will, most probably, offer you to download some kind of “useful” program or start using a particular service. Even though these ads look quite legitimate, ignore them too if you do not want to encounter malware. According to malware experts, Search.searchcompletion.com might also gather information about users day after day, which means that your privacy might be violated. The only way to make sure that this does not happen is to uninstall Search.searchcompletion.com completely. Make sure you do that as soon as possible!
How did Search.searchcompletion.com browser hijacker enter my system?
If Search.searchcompletion.com browser hijacker has managed to sneak onto your computer, it is very likely that there is a security loophole or you are rather careless on the web. It is very likely that this hijacker has sneaked onto computer together with other applications, usually freeware and shareware. In most cases, users are allowed not to agree with the changes – they simply need to uncheck the checkbox. Of course, this checkbox can be noticed only if a user reads all the information provided in the setup wizard. To make sure that malware cannot enter the system, you should also install a security tool and keep it there all the time.
How can I delete Search.searchcompletion.com?
It is not very easy to remove Search.searchcompletion.com, but it is still necessary to do that if you want to ensure the system’s safety. In most cases, this search engine disappear from browsers after users reset them one by one or simply change browsers’ settings; however, it might not be enough to do that in some cases. In such a case, we suggest going for the automatic Search.searchcompletion.com removal. In other words, you need to scan the system with an antimalware scanner.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchcompletion.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.searchcompletion.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search.searchcompletion.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchcompletion.com and related programs.
Remove Search.searchcompletion.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.searchcompletion.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.searchcompletion.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.searchcompletion.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.searchcompletion.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.searchcompletion.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.searchcompletion.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.searchcompletion.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.searchcompletion.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.searchcompletion.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.