Search.searcheasyw.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Search.searcheasyw.com)
Search.searcheasyw.com is a browser hijacker that belongs to the infamous SaferBrowser company. This company is also responsible for Search.searchlcl.com, Search.searchflm.com, Search.yourpackagesnow.com, Search.em-cmf.com, and quite a few other hijackers spreading online at the moment. All of these programs are aimed at making money for SaferBrowser.
The hijacker may be promoted as a useful tool that can provide you with quick access to weather-related websites, however, its main purpose is to boost web traffic. We advise that you eliminate Search.searcheasyw.com from your browsers, because it causes more inconveniences than it does good.
How does Search.searcheasyw.com work?
Search.searcheasyw.com gets set as your home page, new tab page, and default search engine as soon as you install its related extension, Easy Weather. The website itself contains a search box and links to Alerts, National Weather, Pollen Reports, and Maps. If you enter a term into the search box, you will get rerouted to a results page that is powered by SaferBrowser. This means that Yahoo Search results will contain sponsored links added by the hijacker’s developers. It is clear that you will not be able to search for information online efficiently with this tool.
In addition to changing your browser settings, the hijacker also inserts ads into all of your visited sites and causes redirects to its sponsors. The advertising content considerably slows down your surfing speed. Worse than that, however, it exposes you to unsafe websites containing virtual scams. If you fall for a scam, you will risk wasting your money, infecting your PC with malware, and so on. If you wish to improve your online safety, you should delete Search.searcheasyw.com without delay. This will also allow you to restore your browser settings and get rid of the other annoying symptoms of the unwanted application.
How to remove Search.searcheasyw.com?
Search.searcheasyw.com removal can be completed manually or automatically. If you choose the first option, you will have to uninstall Easy Weather from your computer and your web browser extensions and then fix your browser settings. Instructions below the article can help you terminate Search.searcheasyw.com for good. Alternatively, you can implement a malware prevention and removal tool and not only delete Search.searcheasyw.com, but also clean your system from other threats. The security software will stay useful after you remove Search.searcheasyw.com, because it will shield your computer from similar and more dangerous infections that you may encounter while surfing the Internet.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searcheasyw.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.searcheasyw.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.searcheasyw.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searcheasyw.com and related programs.
Remove Search.searcheasyw.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.searcheasyw.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.searcheasyw.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.searcheasyw.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.searcheasyw.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.searcheasyw.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.searcheasyw.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.searcheasyw.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.searcheasyw.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.searcheasyw.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.