Search.searchsterjosoft.com will appear as your homepage if you have a browser hijacker installed on your computer. A browser hijacker can enter your computer if you install free software that has that particular hijacker attached to it. You end up installing it if you do not pay enough attention to the freeware installation process. A browser hijacker does not aim to harm your computer, its primary purpose is to generate pay-per-click revenue for sponsored websites. It does that by redirecting you to those sites. Search.searchsterjosoft.com will not benefit you in any way and will only disrupt your browsing sessions. You should take the time to delete Search.searchsterjosoft.com as you could be led to a dangerous website and end up downloading malware.
How did Search.searchsterjosoft.com enter your computer?
Software bundles are usually used to distribute browser hijackers. It is attached to free software and can install along side it. You can prevent it, however. All you have to do is deselect the added items during the freeware installation process. In order to do that, choose Advanced (Custom) settings. Uncheck the boxes next to the added items and that will prevent those items from installing. The reason you have Search.searchsterjosoft.com on your computer is because you most likely chose Default settings. The bundled items are not visible in Default so you will miss them, which means they will install automatically. By choosing Advanced, you will be saving time and effort because you will not have to remove Search.searchsterjosoft.com or similar.
Why uninstall Search.searchsterjosoft.com?
The first sign of a browser hijacker infection is the changed homepage of your browser. No matter which browser you use, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, every time you open it, you will be redirected to Search.searchsterjosoft.com. Your browser’s settings have been changed without your permission and you will soon realize that you cannot undo the changes. If you want to restore your previous homepage, you will need to delete Search.searchsterjosoft.com first. If you use the search engine provided by this browser hijacker, you will be presented with sponsored content. The new tab says Saferbrowser Yahoo, which means you will see a lot of sponsored websites among the legitimate results. You will be taken to weird websites so that Search.searchsterjosoft.com can generate revenue. You should not trust a random website that just turns up on your browser without your permission. You might be taken to an infected website where malware could be lurking. If you value your computer’s security, you should uninstall Search.searchsterjosoft.com.
Browser hijackers are not difficult to get rid of, so you should be able to remove Search.searchsterjosoft.com fairly easily. If you choose to manually erase Search.searchsterjosoft.com, the most difficult part might be locating the hijacker. If you struggle, obtain a removal tool and allow it to take care of Search.searchsterjosoft.com removal for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchsterjosoft.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.searchsterjosoft.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.searchsterjosoft.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchsterjosoft.com and related programs.
Remove Search.searchsterjosoft.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.searchsterjosoft.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.searchsterjosoft.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.searchsterjosoft.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.searchsterjosoft.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.searchsterjosoft.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.searchsterjosoft.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.searchsterjosoft.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.searchsterjosoft.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.searchsterjosoft.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.