What is search.searchtaccess.com?
search.searchtaccess.com is a browser hijacker, otherwise known as a redirect virus. It installs together with free software and usually the user does not notice. It can sneak into your computer but it’s not a malicious computer virus. It will not harm your device but it will make unwanted changes to your browser without your knowledge. Browser hijackers aim to generate traffic for sponsored websites to earn money, so they will not benefit you in any way. Some browser hijackers are also known to redirect users to weird websites where they could end up downloading malware. A mere browser hijacker is not a serious threat to your computer, but malware would be. Which is why you should delete search.searchtaccess.com, if you care about your computer’s security.
Why do you need to remove search.searchtaccess.com?
It managed to install onto your computer because you were not paying enough attention to how you installed freeware. A lot of free software you download from the Internet has certain items attached to them, such as search.searchtaccess.com. If there is something added to the freeware you are installing and you use Default settings, that something will install automatically. Added items need to be deselected to prevent them from installing, and you cannot do that in Default settings. Advanced (Custom) settings, on the other hand, will allow you to do that. You will see a clear list and can choose which items you do not want. You should always choose this option because if you deselect items in the first place, you will not have to worry about having to uninstall search.searchtaccess.com or similar.
The most likely reason why you are reading this is, search.searchtaccess.com has altered your browser’s settings and has set itself as your homepage and new tabs. These changes were made without your knowledge and you will not be allowed to undo the changes, unless you remove search.searchtaccess.com. The website has a search bar, many shortcuts to the most popular websites, such as Gmail, YouTube, Wikipedia and Instagram, as well as a nice background. The search engine generate results via Google, so there is not use in using search.searchtaccess.com as you can just go to Google. It will not provide any enhanced search results or boost your browsing experience. It might also generate pop-ups that could try to redirect you to sponsored websites, which can be highly annoying. You probably do not need any more reasons why you should delete search.searchtaccess.com.
We always suggest you use a professional removal tool to uninstall search.searchtaccess.com, as it is designed to locate and get rid of unwanted items like search.searchtaccess.com. However, if you do not have this kind of program, you can also erase search.searchtaccess.com manually. We should note that manual search.searchtaccess.com removal will take more time because you will have to locate it yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.SearchtAccess.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.SearchtAccess.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.SearchtAccess.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.SearchtAccess.com and related programs.
Remove Search.SearchtAccess.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.SearchtAccess.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.SearchtAccess.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.SearchtAccess.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.SearchtAccess.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.SearchtAccess.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.SearchtAccess.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.SearchtAccess.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.SearchtAccess.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.SearchtAccess.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.