Search.searchtcn.com is your typical browser hijacker that probably entered your computer when you were installing freeware. Free programs are the main method used for hijackers to spread as users still install programs carelessly, without paying attention to attached items. Users who rush to install programs without a second thought are generally the ones who end up with browser hijackers or adware on their computers.
These infections are not very dangerous if dealt with right away. However, many users do not care when they see that a hijacker has made changes to their browser, and allow it to stay on the computer. This is not very vise as even if it is a low-level one, it still is an infection. Hijackers exists to redirect users to sponsored pages and to record browsing habits. The more advertisement content you are exposed to, the more income the hijacker generates. Do not leave it be, delete Search.searchtcn.com.
Why uninstall Search.searchtcn.com?
Like we mentioned above, hijackers use free software to enter computers. They are attached to it and are set to install alongside. If you want to prevent it from doing so, you need to manually deselect them during freeware installation. In order to do this, use Advanced or Custom settings and uncheck the boxes of all the extra items. We suggest you only continue installing the freeware after you have done this. If you rush in Default settings, you will have no one to blame when you have to remove Search.searchtcn.com or similar again.
The biggest indication of a browser hijacker infection is your browser’s settings being modified. Search.searchtcn.com will become your homepage and new tabs. Not remembering allowing these changes is rather common because usually, users are not asked for permission. And they are stuck with those settings until they delete Search.searchtcn.com. The search engine provided on the website looks quite legitimate but when you search for something, you are redirected to Saferbrowser Yahoo Search, which basically means that sponsored content is inserted into the results. Hijackers generate income by redirecting you so expect there to be many results like that. It should be mentioned that not all of them may be secure. While quite rare, some hijackers can lead users to infected pages, which could lead to a serious malware infection. To avoid such scenarios, uninstall Search.searchtcn.com,
When it comes to Search.searchtcn.com removal, there are two ways to achieve it. You can choose to erase Search.searchtcn.com manually but that will take more time as you will have to locate the hijacker yourself. There will be instructions provided below this article to help you remove Search.searchtcn.com fully but if you want to quickly eliminate Search.searchtcn.com, you should consider using professional removal software. The program would find and terminate Search.searchtcn.com without trouble as it is designed for that purpose.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchtcn.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.searchtcn.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search.searchtcn.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchtcn.com and related programs.
Remove Search.searchtcn.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.searchtcn.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.searchtcn.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.searchtcn.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.searchtcn.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.searchtcn.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.searchtcn.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.searchtcn.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.searchtcn.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.searchtcn.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.