Search.searchtnl.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Search.searchtnl.com)
A yet another SaferBrowser hijacker, Search.searchtnl.com, travels online together with its extension, Todays News Live. The extension is promoted on its official page, todaysnewslive.com, as a tool that can provide you with quick access to Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, and Local News Channels, so that you can watch news online at any time.
This may seem like useful functionality, but you certainly do not need the extension to add quick access links to your browsers. The hijacker’s main purpose has nothing do with improving your online experience, and it is only aimed at making profit for SaferBrowser. We advise that you remove Search.searchtnl.com and its related application without delay.
How does Search.searchtnl.com work?
The main symptom of the hijacker is that it alters your new tab, home page, and default search provider. These settings are switched to Search.searchtnl.com, a page that presents you with a search box and quick access links to Yahoo, CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News. The search box shows you Yahoo Search results, however, they are altered by SaferBrowser to include sponsored links. Clearly, you will not be able to search the Web efficiently with this tool. Therefore, we recommend that you go back to using your original search engine.
Other symptoms of the hijacker and its extension include various ads appearing on all pages that you open and redirects to unfamiliar sites. The advertising data will slow down your browsing and you should also know that not all of it is legitimate. SaferBrowser does not endorse the content that it promotes, so if you click on it and end up landing on a malicious site, you will not be able to blame them. There is no reason why you should take such risks. In order to eliminate fake ads from your browsers, you will have to delete Search.searchtnl.com completely.
How to remove Search.searchtnl.com?
There are two options you can choose from, when it comes to Search.searchtnl.com removal. You can delete Search.searchtnl.com manually or automatically. If you go with manual removal, you will have to delete Todays News Live from your PC and your browser extensions, and then change your home page and default search provider. If you need more details on manual Search.searchtnl.com removal option, you can follow the instructions below. Alternatively, you can implement an anti-malware utility, which will scan your system, detect all issues, and eliminate Search.searchtnl.com along with them. Moreover, the security software will ensure your computer’s safety in the future by functioning as a malware prevention tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.searchtnl.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.searchtnl.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.searchtnl.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchtnl.com and related programs.
Remove Search.searchtnl.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.searchtnl.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.searchtnl.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.searchtnl.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.searchtnl.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.searchtnl.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.searchtnl.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.searchtnl.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.searchtnl.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.searchtnl.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.