search.searchwssp.com is a browser hijacker that is advertising a dubious search engine. If you have never encountered a hijacker before, you may be surprised when you open your browser and notice that search.searchwssp.com has been set as your homepage. The set homepage will have a search engine that would used to redirect you to sponsored web pages. Browser hijackers aim to redirect users so that they could generate pay-per-click revenue for those pages. As for how it managed to enter your computer, it was attached to free software in a way that allowed it to install alongside if you did not notice it. It will not harm your computer directly but it may lead to infected pages. You could end up with a serious computer infection if you are not careful. We suggest you take the time to remove search.searchwssp.com immediately.
How does search.searchwssp.com spread?
All browser hijackers use the same method to spread and that is via software bundles. When installing free software you need to pay attention and check whether nothing has been added. If something has been added, you should deselect it/them. You can do that by choosing Advanced or Custom settings and unchecking the boxes of the added items. You can then proceed with the software installation. If you are not attentive and rush through the installation process in Default settings, you will end up having to delete search.searchwssp.com or similar.
Why uninstall search.searchwssp.com?
search.searchwssp.com will become your homepage and new tabs. The browser’s setting changes will affect all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You will not be asked to permit these changes and will not be able to undo them unless you delete search.searchwssp.com first. You will be presented with a search engine and if you use it, you will be taken Saferbrowser Yahoo Search. This search engine may provide you sponsored web pages. This is not unusual as browser hijackers do this so that they can generate pay-per-click revenue for those sites. You should be careful not click on any dubious results because otherwise you might end up on an infected pages where malware could be waiting for you. In any case, a hijacker does not belong on your computer. It entered your computer without your permission, altered your browser’s settings and is trying to redirect you to unrelated pages. You should uninstall search.searchwssp.com.
Automatic search.searchwssp.com removal may be the quickest option. If possible, obtain a suitable anti-malware program and scan your computer. Locating the hijacker is the trickiest part but the program would find and remove search.searchwssp.com for you. However, you can also erase search.searchwssp.com manually and instructions to help you will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove search.searchwssp.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall search.searchwssp.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like search.searchwssp.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall search.searchwssp.com and related programs.
Remove search.searchwssp.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall search.searchwssp.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete search.searchwssp.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove search.searchwssp.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for search.searchwssp.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete search.searchwssp.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase search.searchwssp.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove search.searchwssp.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall search.searchwssp.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable search.searchwssp.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.