Search.sidecubes.com Removal Instructions (Remove Search.sidecubes.com)
Search.sidecubes.com is a browser hijacker that enters your system together with a potentially unwanted application called SideCubes. The main page of the application, sidecubes.com, states that it was created “to simplify the way people use the web” by providing you with an easy way to share, search, and explore your favorite sites.
Unfortunately, the download link on the official page of the utility does not seem to work. This can only mean that it gets distributed in freeware bundles. We assure you the program is not as useful as it claims to be. If you have it in your system, we advise that you terminate Search.sidecubes.com and its related application.
How does Search.sidecubes.com work?
After SideCubes gets installed, it switches your home page and default search engine to Search.sidecubes.com in all of your browsers. This site contains a search box and such search parameters as Web, Images, and News. If you make use of the SideCubes search box, you will get presented with original results that will include sponsored ads and links. We advise against clicking on this commercial content, because it may be unsafe. This goes not only for the links that you will see in the search results, but also for other advertisements that will appear on your visited pages. It would be best to eliminate Search.sidecubes.com related ads and thus improve your online security level.
SideCubes is also known to connect to the Internet without your authorization and collect information about your Web surfing habits. This data is collected in order to customize the ads according to what pages you visit, what commercials you click on, what you search for, and so on. It can also be sold to third parties. Moreover, the hijacker is known to slow down your online browsing speed and it may also affect your computer performance. As you can see, there are plenty of reasons for you to delete Search.sidecubes.com without hesitation.
How to remove Search.sidecubes.com?
There is no question that you should delete Search.sidecubes.com from your browsers. In order to do that manually, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related program, i.e. SideCubes, and restore your browser settings. If you have other potentially unwanted applications in your system, you should delete them as well. More detailed instructions of manual Search.sidecubes.com removal are presented below the article. You are welcome to use them. However, if you would like to make sure that you not only uninstall Search.sidecubes.com, but also clean your PC from other potential threats, you should go with automatic removal option instead. This type of removal requires you to implement an anti-malware utility. You can use the security tool from our page. It will scan your system, detect, and erase all unwanted files and programs. It will also keep your computer safeguarded in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.sidecubes.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.sidecubes.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.sidecubes.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.sidecubes.com and related programs.
Remove Search.sidecubes.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.sidecubes.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.sidecubes.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.sidecubes.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.sidecubes.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.sidecubes.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.sidecubes.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.sidecubes.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.sidecubes.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.sidecubes.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.