Search.siviewer.com Removal Tips
Search.siviewer.com is a web browser hijacker that alters your home page, new tab, and default search provider. Its main purpose is to promote its sponsors, which is how it makes money for its developers. In addition to changing your browser settings, the hijacker will also cause other disturbances.
It will insert ads into all pages that you visit, redirect you to sponsor sites in the middle of your browsing, track your cookies to present you with targeted adverts, and so on. You should not tolerate the inconveniences caused by it, because there is nothing valuable about the application. If you wish to go back to your original preferences and eliminate the annoying symptoms of the hijacker, you will have to remove Search.siviewer.com.
Search.siviewer.com travels in free third party software bundles. It gets attached to freeware that you can acquire from such pages as filewin.com, softonic.com, downthat.com, filehippo.com, and similar. During the installation process, you are presented with additional offers of potentially unwanted apps. If you do not pay attention to the wizard and choose the Recommended mode, you agree to all offers automatically. That is not something that you should do. Potentially unwanted apps like adware and browser hijackers are not useful for computer users, which is why you should try to avoid adding them to your PC. You can deselect all optional components, if you choose the Advanced installation mode and pay attention to all conditions of the setup.
How does Search.siviewer.com work?
The main symptom of the hijacker is that it replaces your home page, new tab, and default search provider with Search.siviewer.com. This site may not look suspicious or that much different from other search portals, but it is not nearly as useful. If you see any ads on it, you should not click on them. The search box presented on the page will show you results containing sponsored links. The advertising content will not be limited to the results page. In fact, various pop-ups, coupons, banners, and other ads will appear on your screen no matter where you go online.
We advise that you avoid all commercial data brought to you by Search.siviewer.com, because it may be unsafe. If you click on a fake ad, you will land on a corrupted site. This may result in serious consequences like malware infections, money losses, etc. depending on the type of scam that you encounter. If you want to prevent that from happening, you should terminate Search.siviewer.com as soon as you can.
Other reasons to delete Search.siviewer.com include it causing random redirects, tracking your cookies, and slowing down your browsing speed. The hijacker and its related program also make your PC work more sluggishly. The sooner you eliminate Search.siviewer.com, the sooner you will get rid of the unwanted symptoms.
How to remove Search.siviewer.com?
There are two ways you can uninstall Search.siviewer.com from you browsers. One of them is manual removal. You can delete Search.siviewer.com manually by uninstalling the application with which it entered your computer and restoring your browser settings. These tasks are described in more detail below the article. You are welcome to use these instructions for further assistance. The other option is automatic Search.siviewer.com removal. You can complete it with the help of the anti-malware tool from our page. The security software will scan your computer, detect all issues, and erase Search.siviewer.com along with them. It will also provide your PC with real-time online protection thus ensuring its safety from now on.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.siviewer.com - How to remove?Use our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.siviewer.com - How to remove?. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.siviewer.com - How to remove? and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.siviewer.com - How to remove? and related programs.
Remove Search.siviewer.com - How to remove? from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.siviewer.com - How to remove? from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.siviewer.com - How to remove? from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.siviewer.com - How to remove? from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.siviewer.com - How to remove? or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.siviewer.com - How to remove? from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.siviewer.com - How to remove? from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.siviewer.com - How to remove? from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.siviewer.com - How to remove? from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.siviewer.com - How to remove? and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.