Search.snap.do Removal Instructions (Uninstall Search.snap.do)
Search.snap.do is classified as a browser hijacker because it can change your browser settings without your notice. It affects all of your browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
The hijacker enters your system together with the Snap.do toolbar. This toolbar is supposed to help you to simplify the Web and provide you with the optimal way to search, play, share, and work online. Although the extension has an official page at Snap.do, it cannot be downloaded from it. This means that it travels bundled with free third party software. It is possible that you never wanted to acquire it at all. If that is the case, you should erase Search.snap.do without hesitation.
How does Search.snap.do work?
Snap.do toolbar was developed by ReSoft Ltd. It contains various buttons that lead to social networking pages, online radio, Wikipedia, and other sites. This may seem like a handy feature, however, if you install the toolbar you will also unwittingly agree to changing your browser settings. Your home page, new tab, and default search provider will be replaced with Search.snap.do. This website cannot be trusted. It contains a search box and a fake advert that may promote potentially unwanted programs or other scams. The ad often claims that you need to download a supposedly reliable tool and check your Windows, when in fact it distributes Reimage, which is an ad-supported and a potentially unwanted application.
If you make use of the Search.snap.do engine, you will be presented with original search results, however, they will contain sponsored ads and links. You will also see commercial content on other pages that you visit. Keep in mind that this content may be unreliable. You should avoid clicking on it no matter what it promotes. Another aspect of the infection that you should be aware of is that the hijacker will collect and use your personal information. Moreover, the unwanted program will also reroute you to various websites including those that include adult content. If you want to eliminate all of these unnecessary disruptions, you should delete Search.snap.do.
How to remove Search.snap.do?
There are two ways you can delete Search.snap.do – manually or automatically. If you choose manual Search.snap.do removal, you will have uninstall the Snap.do toolbar from your computer and reset your web browsers. You can complete these tasks with the help of the manual removal guide provided below the article. Alternative solution is to terminate Search.snap.do automatically. It requires you to implement an anti-malware utility. You can download one from our page. It will scan your computer, detect all unwanted components, and remove Search.snap.do along with them. It will also protect your system from similar and more dangerous infections in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.snap.doUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.snap.do. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.snap.do and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Search.snap.do and related programs.
Remove Search.snap.do from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.snap.do from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.snap.do from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.snap.do from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.snap.do or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.snap.do from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.snap.do from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.snap.do from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.snap.do from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.snap.do and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.