Search.softonic.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Search.softonic.com)
Search.softonic.com, also known as Web Search powered by Softonic, can hijack your browsers after you install one of the applications promoted on Softonic.com. This page is the largest platform for apps and software online. Its description states that Softonic is used by about 100 million around the world on a daily basis.
It allows users to download various programs onto their computers and provides them with app news and reviews. When you download software from Softonic.com, you may be offered to install the Softonic Toolbar and change your default browser settings. If you agreed to these offers accidentally, we can help you terminate Search.softonic.com without any difficulty.
How does Search.softonic.com work?
As it has already been mentioned, when you download and install free software from Softonic.com, you are presented with additional offers. In some cases, these offers provide you with adware, browser hijackers, or other programs that are not related to the company. However, in others, the software bundle contains Softonic products. If you want to make sure that you install nothing but the application that you originally wanted, you need to select Advanced installation mode whenever you can and decline all optional offers that appear in the wizard.
Softonic Toolbar is added to your browsers right after the installation of freeware is complete. You can find it below the URL box in every one of your browsers. The toolbar contains various links to popular sites, online radio, weather reports, and more. Your browser settings including your home page and default search provider also get replaced with Search.softonic.com. This page contains a search box and suck quick access buttons as Home, Softonic, Softonic App, and Softonic Games. If you enter a query in the search box, you will be presented with results that include ads and sponsored links. Moreover, you will see various adverts brought to you by the application on other sites that you visit. If you want to eliminate the unnecessary commercial data and go back to your original search tools, you will have to delete Search.softonic.com.
How to remove Search.softonic.com?
You can delete Search.softonic.com from your browsers manually or automatically. If you choose manual Search.softonic.com removal, you will have to uninstall Softonic Toolbar from your PC and then edit your browser settings. In case you need more detailed instructions, you can use the ones presented below this article. Keep in mind, however, that you may have other unwanted programs on your computer. It would be best to delete them as well. That is why we recommend that you go with automatic Search.softonic.com removal option. Download the anti-malware tool from our site and let it scan your system. It will detect all potential threats and remove Search.softonic.com along with them. You will not have to worry about similar issues in the future as the utility also functions as a malware prevention tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.softonic.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.softonic.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search.softonic.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.softonic.com and related programs.
Remove Search.softonic.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.softonic.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.softonic.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.softonic.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.softonic.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.softonic.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.softonic.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.softonic.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.softonic.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.softonic.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.