Search.sonicpdfconverter.com is a browser hijacker, identical to countless other ones. They are usually not very dangerous and are considered rather low-level threats. A hijacker will not harm your computer in the sense that it will not delete any files or steal private data. However, hijackers can be highly annoying as they change browser’s settings without permission and then proceed to redirect you to sponsored pages so that it could generate income.
While rare, in some cases, hijackers can also lead users to dangerous content which could lead to a serious malware infection. If you want to avoid possibly serious outcomes, uninstall Search.sonicpdfconverter.com promptly. We also suggest you pay more attention to how you install free programs because Search.sonicpdfconverter.com entered your computer together with some freeware that you installed.
Why delete Search.sonicpdfconverter.com?
The hijacker might seem useful at first as it supposedly allows you to convert files to PDF and DOC. The problem with this is that it did not ask your permission to enter, nor did it request authorization to set Search.sonicpdfconverter.com as your homepage and new tabs. These changes are also irreversible until you remove Search.sonicpdfconverter.com. Until then, every time you launch Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, Search.sonicpdfconverter.com will open. There will also be a search bar provided and if you type in a search, you will be redirected to Saferbrowser Yahoo Search. Do not be surprised if you see weird results as hijackers insert sponsored websites into the results so that it could generate traffic for those sites. More users visiting that web page means more money. We do not advise clicking on any of the suspicious results as some of them could lead to dangerous sites where malware could be lurking. If you want to avoid a possible infection, make sure you uninstall Search.sonicpdfconverter.com.
Freeware is how browser hijackers manage to enter your computer without you even noticing. They are attached to those free programs that you download from the Internet and are set to install together with the program. The good news is that it is easy to prevent them from installing. Opt for Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware and you will see what has been added. If there is something, all you have to do is uncheck those couple of boxes. If you continue using Default settings, you will have no one to blame if you end up having to delete Search.sonicpdfconverter.com or simialr again.
Depending on how much experience you have with computers, there are two ways to remove Search.sonicpdfconverter.com. You can use anti-malware software to erase Search.sonicpdfconverter.com and that is the suggested course of action as the program would make sure Search.sonicpdfconverter.com removal is carried out completely. If you wish to eliminate Search.sonicpdfconverter.com manually, you are welcome to use the provided instructions below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.sonicpdfconverter.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.sonicpdfconverter.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.sonicpdfconverter.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.sonicpdfconverter.com and related programs.
Remove Search.sonicpdfconverter.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.sonicpdfconverter.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.sonicpdfconverter.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.sonicpdfconverter.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.sonicpdfconverter.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.sonicpdfconverter.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.sonicpdfconverter.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.sonicpdfconverter.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.sonicpdfconverter.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.sonicpdfconverter.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.