Search.startjoysearch.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Search.startjoysearch.com)
Search.startjoysearch.com is a part of the SocialNewPages extension. This extension belongs to Imali Media Ltd and is classified as a potentially unwanted program. Imali Media is infamous for creating similar apps that are aimed at generating web traffic and are not particularly useful to computer users.
SocialNewPages uses the bundling distribution method in order to spread online. This means that it may have entered your system without your notice. If you want to fix your browsers, you will have to remove Search.startjoysearch.com and its related extension.
Once SocialNewPages gets installed, it switches your home page, new tab, and default search provider to Search.startjoysearch.com. It also adds a toolbar to your browsers. This toolbar contains a search box, which shows you results from Facebook search, and such buttons as Social Media, Free Games, Sports, News, Social, Email, and Shopping. Your new home page also contains a search box and such quick access buttons as Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and some others. If you make use of this search box, you will get presented with Yahoo Search results modified by Safe Finder. You cannot trust these results, because Safe Finder is not a reliable application. It is clear that you cannot search the Web using this tool.
In addition to presenting you with unreliable links, the hijacker will also insert unsafe adverts into your browsers. You cannot trust the advertisements brought to you by the application, because they are not endorsed by it and they could be fake. If you click on them, you will risk your computer and your personal data safety. If you want to improve your online security level and eliminate other symptoms like redirects, slow downs, and tracking cookies, you should terminate Search.startjoysearch.com as soon as you can.
How to remove Search.startjoysearch.com?
In order to eliminate Search.startjoysearch.com from your browsers, you will first have to uninstall its related application. Once you do that, you will be able to fix your browser settings. If you want to complete these tasks yourself, you can use the manual Search.startjoysearch.com removal guide presented below the article. If, however, you prefer to not only delete Search.startjoysearch.com, but also make sure that there are no other threats on your PC, you should go with automatic removal instead. You can download the anti-malware tool from our site and use it to clean your system completely. The malware remover will delete Search.startjoysearch.com along with other found issues and shield your computer from future infections you may catch online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.startjoysearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.startjoysearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.startjoysearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.startjoysearch.com and related programs.
Remove Search.startjoysearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.startjoysearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.startjoysearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.startjoysearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.startjoysearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.startjoysearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.startjoysearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.startjoysearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.startjoysearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.startjoysearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.