What is Search.tappytop.com?
Search.tappytop.com is a browser hijacker that usually enters computers together with a potentially unwanted program called TappyTop Browser. This program belongs to Linkury, a company that is responsible for several other applications that are not quite as useful as they claim to be. Once the unwanted application gets installed, it sets itself as your default web browser. It also alters settings in your other browsers. The main goal of the software is to generate revenue for Linkury. It is not a beneficial tool, which is why we advise that you terminate Search.tappytop.com and its related app as soon as you can.
How does Search.tappytop.com work?
Search.tappytop.com and TappyTop Browser get distributed using the bundling method. They get attached to free third party software and are presented to users during its installation. TappyTop may be promoted as a useful utility that will improve your online surfing experience. This may be why some users decide to install it along with the software of their choice. In most cases, however, they agree to adding the unnecessary components unwittingly. It is possible to avoid the unwanted apps. All you need to do is choose the Advanced mode when you install freeware and decline all optional offers with which it presents you.
The main symptom of the hijacker is that it switches your home page and default search engine to Search.tappytop.com. This webpage contains a search box and not much else. If you make use of the box, you will get results from Safe Finder. These results cannot be trusted, because Safe Finder is classified as a potentially unwanted application as well. You should avoid the sponsored links that you see in the search results and stay away from other ads brought to you by the hijacker. If you wish to better your online security level, you should erase Search.tappytop.com from your browsers right away.
How to remove Search.tappytop.com?
You can delete Search.tappytop.com manually or automatically. If you choose manual Search.tappytop.com removal, you need to make sure that you uninstall TappyTop from your computer and your browser extensions before you move on to fixing your web browser settings. Instructions below can help you with this process. If, on the other hand, you choose the more reliable removal option, you will need to implement an anti-malware tool. You can use the software presented on our site. It will scan your PC and detect all unwanted components. The utility will erase Search.tappytop.com along with other unnecessary files and programs. In addition to Search.tappytop.com removal, you will also make sure that your computer stays protected from other online infections from now on.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.tappytop.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.tappytop.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.tappytop.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.tappytop.com and related programs.
Remove Search.tappytop.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.tappytop.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.tappytop.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.tappytop.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.tappytop.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.tappytop.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.tappytop.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.tappytop.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.tappytop.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.tappytop.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.