Search-vmn.net Removal Tips
Search-vmn.net is a search engine that hijacks all the browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox), i.e. it sets itself without permission. Therefore, it is often classified as a browser hijacker by specialists that focus on the malware research. These specialists say that it is not worth keeping Search-vmn.net on browsers and using it to find the relevant information on the web if the system’s safety is an important thing for you.
It is because Search-vmn.net is not a reliable search engine and, in fact, it might even cause harm to the system. Do not worry; this will probably not happen if you do not use this search engine at all and delete Search-vmn.net from browsers as soon as possible. We will help you with the Search-vmn.net removal in the article, so we will ask you to read it carefully and then apply the knowledge you get about the Search-vmn.net removal.
Search-vmn.net-How does Search-vmn.net browser hijacker work?
There are hundreds of different search engines and they all look reliable. Unfortunately, not all of them are really trustworthy. In case of Search-vmn.net, this search engine might cause harm to the system really quickly. Of course, this will not happen if you do not use this search engine. Of course, we understand that it is very hard not to use it because you need a tool for searching the web. Therefore, we suggest that you uninstall Search-vmn.net from your browsers completely. You should do that not only because Search-vmn.net might take you to bad web pages and thus expose you to malware, but also because this search engine might gather personal information about you. As far as we know, this search engine is interested in your IP address, location, name, and surname. Of course, it gathers non-personally identifiable information too, e.g. search queries, browsing history, links you click on, and other similar details. You should not hand in those details to the creator of Search-vmn.net because they might appear in the hands of cyber criminals one day.
How is Search-vmn.net browser hijacker distributed?
Search-vmn.net browser hijacker is spread together with freeware and shareware, so it is not surprising why so many users do not know why they see the presence of this hijacker. It has been observed that hijackers mostly travel with PDF converters, video players, and other similar applications. If you remember that you have downloaded and installed one recently, it means that you have initiated the installation of the browser hijacker unknowingly too. As it is so hard to protect the system from malware, we suggest acquiring a reputable antimalware scanner. Scan your system with it periodically and keep it active 24/7.
How to remove Search-vmn.net browser hijacker?
It is quite hard to delete Search-vmn.net from the system, but you should still implement the Search-vmn.net removal as soon as possible. It is a must to do that in order not to encounter malicious software. The quickest way to remove Search-vmn.net is, of course, to scan the system with an automatic scanner; however, you can eliminate it manually too if you are quite experienced.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search-vmn.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search-vmn.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search-vmn.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search-vmn.net and related programs.
Remove Search-vmn.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search-vmn.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search-vmn.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search-vmn.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search-vmn.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search-vmn.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search-vmn.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search-vmn.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search-vmn.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search-vmn.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.