About this infection
search.yahoo.com is a legitimate search engine website that is often used by browser hijackers. If you happen to pick up a hijacker that uses it, you will have your browser’s settings changed and the site will be set as your homepage/new tabs. Hijackers are not serious infections so if you find your browser loading a different site instead of your usual homepage, know that it’s not a malicious infection.
It has merely changed the settings so that it could redirect you to sponsored sites. The hijacker will insert sponsored links into the results generated by your search engine, which will become Yahoo in this case, and if you were to click on them, you would be helping the hijacker generate income. Do note that certain hijackers are able to lead to malicious sites where malware could be lurking. So we would recommend you delete search.yahoo.com redirect virus.
How do users pick up hijackers?
Browser hijackers are added to freeware as extra offers. In order to be able to avoid them, you just need to deselect them. To do this, access Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware and you will be able to deselect everything. We do not recommend using Default settings because they will not show you if anything has been added. If you want to save time, make sure to always use Advanced settings because it is much easier to uncheck a couple of items than it would be to remove search.yahoo.com redirect virus or similar later on.
What does the hijacker do?
The browser hijacker will change your browser’s settings and set search.yahoo.com as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. These changes will affect all popular browsers you have installed, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If you try to undo the changes, the hijacker will just do it again. So until you uninstall search.yahoo.com redirect virus, there is no use in trying to change anything. Yahoo is a completely legitimate search engine and normally it is safe to use but if a hijacker has set it as your default search engine, it may be inserting sponsored content into the results so that it could redirect you to sponsored pages. It could also be able to lead you to malicious sites, where malware could be lurking. If you did not set those changes yourself, there is no reason why you should put up with it. Delete search.yahoo.com redirect virus.
search.yahoo.com redirect virus removal
Depending on how much experience you have with computers, you can either perform manual or automatic search.yahoo.com redirect virus removal. The former means you will have to find the hijacker yourself, which can sometimes be difficult. If you have anti-spyware software, it would find and remove search.yahoo.com redirect virus for you. It is important that you uninstall search.yahoo.com redirect virus fully, because only then will you be able to go back to usual browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.Yahoo.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.Yahoo.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Search.Yahoo.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.Yahoo.com and related programs.
Remove Search.Yahoo.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.Yahoo.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.Yahoo.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.Yahoo.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.Yahoo.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.Yahoo.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.Yahoo.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.Yahoo.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.Yahoo.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.Yahoo.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.