Search.yourmapscenter.com Removal Instructions
Search.yourmapscenter.com is often classified as a browser hijacker, because it can modify your home page, new tab and default search engine. These browser modifications usually happen after you install Your Maps Center by SaferBrowser.
The New Tab Page is promoted at its official site as a tool that allows you to access maps, driving directions, route planners, traffic alerts and updates, and more. You can download the extension from its official page, however, it may also enter your system through bundled freeware. If you want to restore your browser settings, you will have to uninstall Search.yourmapscenter.com.
How does Search.yourmapscenter.com work?
Your Maps Center changes your browser settings as soon as you agree to its installation. The official site of the program contains a box labeled “Set my default search and new tab page to search.yourmapscenter.com”. You cannot install the extension unless you tick that box. However, if you acquired the program from a third party source, it is very likely that it changed your settings automatically without your approval. If that is the case, you should definitely delete Search.yourmapscenter.com from your browsers. You should also check your computer for other potentially unwanted applications.
The website Search.yourmapscenter.com itself does not look suspicious. It has a search box and such quick access buttons as Google Maps, Mapquest, Yahoo Maps, Bing Maps, Traffic, and Local Weather. If you enter a term into the search box, you will get redirected to Search.yahoo.com. These results can be trusted, however, you should keep in mind that they will contain lots of sponsored ads and links. If you do not find the modifications made by the program useful any longer, you should terminate Search.yourmapscenter.com and its related software.
How to remove Search.yourmapscenter.com?
Luckily, it is not that difficult to eliminate Search.yourmapscenter.com from your browsers. You can do that manually or automatically. If you choose manual Search.yourmapscenter.com removal, you will have to uninstall Your Maps Center from your computer and then modify your browser settings. You can use the instructions below the article to complete both of these tasks. Alternatively, you can download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to delete Search.yourmapscenter.com automatically. The utility will scan your system and detect all threats. It will then remove Search.yourmapscenter.com along with its related program and other unwanted components. Moreover, the security tool will also stay useful in the future as it will help you keep your PC protected from similar and more dangerous online infections as long as it stays installed and updated.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.yourmapscenter.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.yourmapscenter.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.yourmapscenter.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.yourmapscenter.com and related programs.
Remove Search.yourmapscenter.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.yourmapscenter.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.yourmapscenter.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.yourmapscenter.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.yourmapscenter.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.yourmapscenter.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.yourmapscenter.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.yourmapscenter.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.yourmapscenter.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.yourmapscenter.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.