What is Search2.fvpimageviewer.com?
Search2.fvpimageviewer.com is a part of the FVP Image Viewer, which is advertised as a utility that allows you to view your images quickly and easily. It belongs to Jyulam Technology and supports 68 image formats. Judging from its description, the application seems like a useful tool. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Its real purpose is to make profit for its creators by boosting online traffic. It achieves this goal by employing the browser hijacker that alters your settings, inserts ads into all webpages that you open, and causes other issues. We advise that you delete Search2.fvpimageviewer.com and its related software without hesitation.
How does Search2.fvpimageviewer.com work?
Although FVP Image Viewer has an official page, where it can be downloaded, it also spreads online together with the hijacker in free software bundles. Freeware and shareware often come with additional offers and if you do not pay attention to their installation process, you end up agreeing to these offers unwittingly. Make sure that you do not fall for this trick again. You can acquire the software of your choice without dealing with the unnecessary apps. All you need to do is choose the Advanced installation mode and decline all additional offers.
Once you install the unwanted program, it modifies your home page and default search engine switching them to Search2.fvpimageviewer.com. The website contains a search box, which shows you results that are filled with sponsored links. Some of these links just like some of the ads that the hijacker inserts into your browsers may be unreliable. You should think twice before clicking on them, if you do not wish to expose your computer to any risks. If you click on a fake ad or link, you may land on websites containing virtual scams. We advise that you avoid all ads until you terminate Search2.fvpimageviewer.com for good.
How to remove Search2.fvpimageviewer.com?
There are more than enough reasons for you to get rid of Search2.fvpimageviewer.com. It not only alters your settings and floods you with ads, but it also causes redirects, slows down your surfing speed, and tracks your cookies. If you wish to eliminate Search2.fvpimageviewer.com from your browsers, you will have to delete its related software as well. You can do that manually or automatically. Automatic Search2.fvpimageviewer.com removal is the more efficient solution. If you download the anti-malware utility from our site, it will scan and clean your PC. The security tool will also shield your computer from other online infections. Alternative solution is to delete Search2.fvpimageviewer.com manually by following the instructions presented right below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search2.fvpimageviewer.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search2.fvpimageviewer.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search2.fvpimageviewer.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search2.fvpimageviewer.com and related programs.
Remove Search2.fvpimageviewer.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search2.fvpimageviewer.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search2.fvpimageviewer.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search2.fvpimageviewer.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search2.fvpimageviewer.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search2.fvpimageviewer.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search2.fvpimageviewer.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search2.fvpimageviewer.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search2.fvpimageviewer.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search2.fvpimageviewer.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.