Searchassist.net Removal Instructions (Uninstall SearchAssist.net)
Searchassist.net is a browser hijacker that belongs to Secure Download Ltd. It comes as a part of the SearchAssist app, which is promoted as a browser add-on that can improve your online surfing experience by showing you more information in your search results.
It should also allow you to customize your home page by picking your favorite background and adding your favorite links onto it. Although these may seem like useful features, we assure you, the program has quite a few drawbacks as well. We advise that you eliminate Searchassist.net from your browsers without unnecessary delay.
The website that appears in your browsers as your home page and default search provider is Searchassist.net. It contains a search box with such search parameters as Search, Images, Video, and News. It also has the Customize button, which allows you to choose your own background, and quick access buttons to popular sites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. You can add your own sites by clicking on the plus button. If you enter a query into the search box, you will be presented with results that will contain lots of sponsored links. If you want to go back to using your original search tools, you should delete Searchassist.net.
Unless you acquired SearchAssist app yourself, it has entered your PC in a freeware bundle. This means that you may not have noticed installing it at all. Potentially unwanted applications often use the bundling method. You should know how to avoid installing them. We suggest that you always choose the Advanced installation mode and deselect all unfamiliar components from the installation wizard. That way you will not have to deal with the unnecessary applications again in the future. As for now, we advise that you focus on how to remove Searchassist.net from your browsers.
How to remove Searchassist.net?
There are two options to choose from when it comes to Searchassist.net removal. You can eliminate the hijacker manually or automatically. We advise that you go with the second option, because it is more efficient. In order to terminate Searchassist.net automatically, you will have to make use of an anti-malware utility. It will scan and clean your system. The security tool will not only delete Searchassist.net and other threats from your PC, but it will also ensure that your computer stays safe from now on. Alternative solution is manual Searchassist.net removal, which can completed by uninstalling the hijacker’s related application, SearchAssist, and editing your browser settings. Both of these tasks are described in more detail in the manual removal instructions that you can find below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SearchAssist.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SearchAssist.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SearchAssist.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SearchAssist.net and related programs.
Remove SearchAssist.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SearchAssist.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SearchAssist.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SearchAssist.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SearchAssist.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SearchAssist.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SearchAssist.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SearchAssist.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SearchAssist.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SearchAssist.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.