What is Searchbehaviour.com?
Searchbehaviour.com is a useless search engine and a browser hijacker. Browser hijackers can infect computers when you install freeware in Default settings, and you would not even notice it entering your computer. Searchbehaviour.com will hijack your browser and alter certain settings. Although it will do all that without your knowledge, it’s not a malicious virus. It should not harm your computer but that does not mean you should allow it to remain. It will annoy you with its persistent redirects. And we feel that we should warn you that browser hijackers can sometimes redirect users to unsafe domains. You could then accidentally download malware onto your computer. For these reasons, we strongly suggest you remove Searchbehaviour.com from your computer.
Why do I need to delete Searchbehaviour.com?
If you ended up with Searchbehaviour.com browser hijacker on your computer, you must have installed freeware and rushed through the process. Freeware can sometimes have browser hijackers, adware and other potentially unwanted items attached to it. Those items go unnoticed if you use Default settings during freeware installation. So if you want to control what gets installed onto your computer, use Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings will allow you to see and deselect all added items. And if you have already installed it, remove Searchbehaviour.com.
When it installs onto your device, Searchbehaviour.com will hijack your browser and alter certain settings. When you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari, you will find Searchbehaviour.com as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. You might not even be able to change the settings back without first having to uninstall Searchbehaviour.com. The search engine is completely useless. It provides zero results no matter what you search for. This is unusual, although not uncommon, hijacker behavior. They exists to redirect users to sponsored websites and the way they do it is by inserting sponsored websites into the search results. Searchbehaviour.com does not do that. However, it could track your browsing activities. It will collect information such as IP addresses, browser type and search queries. It could then sell that information to third parties. Although it does not have access to private information, do you really want such a dubious website to have any kind of information about you. A browser hijacker does not belong on your computer and we recommend you delete Searchbehaviour.com.
If you choose to uninstall this useless search engine, you can do it in two ways. We will provide a guide that will explain how to erase Searchbehaviour.com from your computer manually. If you follow that guide you should be able to take care of Searchbehaviour.com removal without trouble. If you do not feel confident about that, you can use anti-malware software to eliminate Searchbehaviour.com.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchbehaviour.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchbehaviour.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchbehaviour.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchbehaviour.com and related programs.
Remove Searchbehaviour.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchbehaviour.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchbehaviour.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchbehaviour.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchbehaviour.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchbehaviour.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchbehaviour.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchbehaviour.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchbehaviour.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchbehaviour.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.