What is Searcheasyra.com?
Searcheasyra.com is a browser hijacker, identical to countless other hijackers. If you have never encountered this low-lever threat, you will be surprised when you notice that your browser’s settings have been changed. It is not malicious so there is no need to be too alarmed. It will merely try to redirect you to sponsored pages so that it can generate pay-per-click revenue for those web pages. You must have recently installed free software that had Searcheasyra.com attached to it, and that is how it managed to infect your computer.
While browser hijackers are not seen to be very dangerous, they can expose users to malicious content. Searcheasyra.com will not filter through the websites it will expose you to so you could very easily be directed to a malicious page, where you could pick up malware. You need to delete Searcheasyra.com if you care to protect your computer.
How does Searcheasyra.com spread?
Searcheasyra.com is attached to free software as an optional item, and that it how it spreads. When you install software that has something attached to it, you need to deselect that something in order to prevent it from installing. You can only do that in Advanced (Custom) settings of the installation process. You should always choose those settings and uncheck the boxes of the added items. Do not rush through the process in Default settings as you will not be given the option of deselecting anything. If you do not want to be stuck having to remove Searcheasyra.com from your device, you need to always choose Advanced.
Why uninstall Searcheasyra.com?
If you have this hijacker installed on your system, Searcheasyra.com will appear every time you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. This is happening because your browser’s settings have been changed and Searcheasyra.com has been set as your homepage. You most likely do not recall allowing such changes to occur and that is not uncommon. Hijackers do not ask you to permit these changes, and then prevent you from undoing them. In order to change the settings, you would first need to delete Searcheasyra.com. You will be encouraged to use the provided search engine and if you do, you will be taken to Saferbrowser Yahoo where you will encounter sponsored sites inserted among the legitimate results. Searcheasyra.com aims to generate pay-per-click revenue and will use you to do so. You could even be led to an infected site where malware could be waiting for you. You need to uninstall Searcheasyra.com.
In order to remove Searcheasyra.com, we recommend you obtain reliable removal software. The program will take care of Searcheasyra.com removal for you. Just scan your computer and if it is found, allow the program to erase Searcheasyra.com. You can also try to terminate manually but you will have to locate it yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searcheasyra.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searcheasyra.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searcheasyra.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searcheasyra.com and related programs.
Remove Searcheasyra.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searcheasyra.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searcheasyra.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searcheasyra.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searcheasyra.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searcheasyra.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searcheasyra.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searcheasyra.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searcheasyra.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searcheasyra.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.