Searchemyn.com Removal Guide
Searchemyn.com attempts to imitate Google Search, however, you should know that they are not one and the same. The suspicious website falls into the category of browser hijackers. It replaces your browser settings and makes other unwanted changes. It uses Google Custom Search engine, which means that it add its own links to the regular Google search results.
This is done in order to promote its sponsors. The hijacker uses other tactics for the same purpose like flooding you with ads, causing redirects, and so on. We advise that you delete Searchemyn.com and thus eliminate the unnecessary content from your browsers.
How does Searchemyn.com work?
Searchemyn.com spreads online through free software bundles. It usually enters systems together with other potentially unwanted apps. They are presented to you as additional offers in the installation wizard. If you skip through the wizard, you unwittingly agree to installing the unfamiliar programs onto your computer. These programs are often adware or browser hijackers. It would be best to avoid them in the future. You can do that by installing freeware in the Custom mode and declining all optional offers.
As soon as the hijacker gets installed, it changes your home page and default search engine Searchemyn.com. As it has been mentioned above, the website looks somewhat like Google.com. It has a search box, which redirects you to Cse.google.com. These results contain sponsored links brought to you by the hijacker. We advise to be cautious with these links, because they may be unreliable. The same can be stated about other ads that you will encounter online. These adverts are not monitored by anyone, so they could be fake. Clicking on them could lead you to malign websites, where you could infect your computer or suffer other consequences of a virtual scam. It would be best to avoid all ads until you uninstall Searchemyn.com.
How to remove Searchemyn.com?
In order to remove Searchemyn.com from your browsers, you will also have to delete its associated program. You can complete Searchemyn.com removal manually or automatically. If you want to go with manual removal, you are welcome to use the instructions we have prepared below this article. In case you are not sure which application you need to uninstall, you can use the free scanner from our page, which will identify the unwanted program for you. Alternatively, you can implement the full version of the anti-malware utility and clean your PC completely. The malware remover will scan your system, detect all issues, and delete Searchemyn.com along with them. In addition to Searchemyn.com removal, it will also protect your computer from other Internet-based infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchemyn.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchemyn.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Searchemyn.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchemyn.com and related programs.
Remove Searchemyn.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchemyn.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchemyn.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchemyn.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchemyn.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchemyn.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchemyn.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchemyn.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchemyn.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchemyn.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.