What is Searchencrypt.com?
Searchencrypt.com is your typical browser hijacker that aims to generate income by exposing you to sponsored content. We can assure you that there is no need to worry too much when you notice that Searchencrypt.com has infected your computer. It is not malicious, nor is it going to harm your computer directly. It will however, change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage and new tabs.
This is done so that it is easier to redirect you. The redirects can be highly irritating because you will end up on all kinds of weird web pages. You could even be led to malicious content and you browsing session could end in a malware infection. This is why it is important that you remove Searchencrypt.com. It is worth mentioning that you allowed the hijacker to install yourself. It was attached to free software and when you installed freeware, you missed it.
Should you delete Searchencrypt.com?
Searchencrypt.com will become your homepage and new tabs on all leading browsers installed on your computer, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Once these changes are carried you, you will be unable to undo them unless you first uninstall Searchencrypt.com. Which you should do as soon as possible because you were not asked to authorize the changes. On the website you will see a search engine, which we do not recommend using. If you do perform a search, your results will be filled with sponsored web pages. The hijacker wants you to click on those results because it generates income from clicks. Essentially, it is making money by using you but does not provide anything useful in return. The worrying thing is that hijackers do not filter through the websites it exposes you to so you could end up on dangerous ones. You could be led to an infected site where malware could be lurking. If you wish to avoid a possible malware infection, we strongly recommend you remove Searchencrypt.com.
You have this hijacker on your computer because you carelessly installed freeware and did not notice Searchencrypt.com being attached. When installing free programs you get from the Internet, it is essential that you use Advanced or Custom settings. Only in those settings will you be able to view and deselect what has been added. If there is something, all you have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes. You can then continue installing the freeware. If you constantly rush through the installation process, it would not be surprising if your computer was full of unwanted items. Pay attention to the installation processes unless you want to delete Searchencrypt.com or similar again.
You can pick from two Searchencrypt.com removal options. If you choose to uninstall Searchencrypt.com manually, you will have to locate the adware yourself. It would be recommended to erase Searchencrypt.com using professional removal software because the hijacker is hidden and the program would be able to find it quickly. Whichever way you pick, make sure you terminate Searchencrypt.com fully.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchencrypt.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchencrypt.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchencrypt.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchencrypt.com and related programs.
Remove Searchencrypt.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchencrypt.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchencrypt.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchencrypt.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchencrypt.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchencrypt.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchencrypt.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchencrypt.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchencrypt.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchencrypt.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.