What is searchiincognito.com?
searchiincognito.com is a browser hijacker, advertised as a tool that will allow you to search incognito. We doubt you installed it yourself, which means it was probably attached to free software as an extra offer. You did not have to install it, but you probably did not notice it being attached to freeware, which allowed it to install. This happens quite often but if you learn how to correctly install freeware, you would avoid these situations.
It is not a malicious computer infection itself but it’s more trouble than it’s worth. It will change your browser’s settings and possibly try to redirect you to sponsored sites. This is how your typical hijacker acts so there is nothing unusual about searchiincognito.com. After all, they aim to make money by redirecting you. Some hijackers are even able to lead users to malicious sites. Thus, you ought to delete searchiincognito.com.
Why should you remove searchiincognito.com?
Foremost, you need to learn how hijackers install in the first place. searchiincognito.com was attached to free software as an extra offer that you could have chosen to opt out from. However, you must have used Default settings and were not shown any extra offers. We do not recommend using those settings because you will end up missing and having to uninstall searchiincognito.com and similar over and over again. Instead, what you should do is use Advanced or Custom settings. They will allow you to review what has been added and if you wish, you will be able to deselect everything. And we suggest you do so because you do not want some questionable programs to enter your computer.
It tries to convince you that it is a useful search engine because supposedly it allows you to browse incognito. This may be useful but the search tool seems dubious. For one, the website will appear out of nowhere and will keep loading every time you open your browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox). So the hijacker invaded your computer and changed browser’s settings without permission. You will also be unable to change those settings back unless you first delete searchiincognito.com browser hijacker. If you choose to use the search engine provided by the hijacker, you will quickly realize that it is not as reliable as you might think. Whatever you search for, you will only get a couple of results, some of them might be sponsored pages. We do not recommend clicking on anything because who knows where you will be taken to. Since some hijackers can lead users to malware, be careful. And remove searchiincognito.com.
You should be able to uninstall searchiincognito.com fairly easily but locating the hijacker could take some time. We recommend you opt for automatic searchiincognito.com removal because the anti-spyware software would do everything for you. Whichever way you choose, make sure you erase searchiincognito.com fully and not allow it to renew itself again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SearchIincognito.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SearchIincognito.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SearchIincognito.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SearchIincognito.com and related programs.
Remove SearchIincognito.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SearchIincognito.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SearchIincognito.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SearchIincognito.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SearchIincognito.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SearchIincognito.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SearchIincognito.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SearchIincognito.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SearchIincognito.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SearchIincognito.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.