Akamaihd.net Removal Guide (Delete Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net)
Akamaihd.net, also known as Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net, is classified as a browser hijacker. It can take over your browsers changing their settings without your permission. It is compatible with all major web browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
The hijacker gets distributed in freeware and shareware bundles. It usually enters computer systems together with an ad-supported program. It has been linked to such adware as Assist Point, Sale Charger, Positive Finds, Results Hub, and some others. None of these applications are actually useful. If you want to remove Akamaihd.net, you will also have to uninstall its associated software.
How does Akamaihd.net work?
Once the hijacker gets installed, it alters your browser settings including your home page and default search provider. If you see any adverts on the main page of the hijacker, you should not click on them. We also advise that you be especially careful with the search results that are shown to you by the suspicious program. Although the hijacker redirects you to Search.yahoo.com, which is a reliable search page, it does not mean that it will not add its own sponsored ads and links to your search results. It would be best to avoid clicking on them.
You will also notice other changes after the hijacker enters your system. It will redirect you to its sponsor sites in the middle of your browsing, show adverts appearing on all of your visited pages, and so on. These activities will considerably slow down your Internet surfing speed. The hijacker is also capable of tracking your cookies and collecting data about what pages you visit, what you search for, what ads you click on, etc. This is done in order to personalize the ads you see online and thus make them appear more useful to you. Do not be tricked by this tactic. We suggest that you stay away from all adverts until you uninstall Akamaihd.net from your browsers.
How to remove Akamaihd.net?
You can terminate Akamaihd.net manually or automatically. If you choose manual Akamaihd.net removal option, you will have to delete the hijacker’s related program from your computer and then reset your web browsers. Instructions provided in the manual removal guide below explain how you can complete these tasks. Alternatively, you can implement the anti-malware utility presented on our page and clean your system from all potential threats. The malware remover will scan your PC, detect and delete Akamaihd.net along with its related adware and other unwanted programs. In addition to Akamaihd.net removal, you will make sure that your computer stays safeguarded in the future as the anti-malware will also provide you with reliable malware protection as long as you keep it installed.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net and related programs.
Remove Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.