What is Searchl.ru?
Searchl.ru is a browser hijacker that entered your computer along with free software. It aims to generate pay-per-click revenue for sponsored pages so you will be constantly redirected to advertisements. It is not malicious so there is no need to worry about it harming your computer. It will, however, make unwanted changes to your browser and prevent you from undoing those changes.
You allowed Searchl.ru to install yourself when you installed free software. You should be aware that oftentimes free software comes together with browser hijackers or adware so keep that in mind next time you install freeware. While Searchl.ru is not regarded as a high-level threat, it can still lead you to dangerous content. You could end up with a serious malware infection if you are not careful. We suggest you delete Searchl.ru.
How did Searchl.ru enter my computer?
Browser hijackers infect systems with the help of free software. When you install freeware, always use Advanced or Custom settings because only by using those settings will you be able to prevent unwanted installations. You will see what has been added and we suggest you deselect all the boxes next to the bundled items. You can then proceed to install the freeware and not worry about something installing alongside it. Do not rush through the installation processes because you will end up having to remove Searchl.ru or similar again.
Why uninstall Searchl.ru?
Searchl.ru will be set as your homepage for all leading browsers installed on your computer, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. These changes were carried out without your permission and you will not be able to undo them unless you first delete Searchl.ru first. Every time you open your browser, you will be redirected to Searchl.ru and then to net-quick.com, where you will see an advertisement. Since browser hijackers aim to generate income by leading you to ads, expect to see a lot of them. It should also be noted that while hijackers are not malicious, they can still lead you to dangerous content. Even your anti-malware software should react and warn you that Searchl.ru has an uncertain reputation and you should stay away. If you do not remove Searchl.ru, you will continue to be redirected to those ads and some of them could be malicious. You could end up with a dangerous virus on your system. We suggest you terminate Searchl.ru as soon as possible.
In order to uninstall Searchl.ru fully, you might need to obtain professional removal software. The program would locate and eliminate Searchl.ru fully and you would not need to do anything. However, manual Searchl.ru removal is also possible. But you would need to find and erase Searchl.ru yourself and that could cause problems as the hijackers is hiding somewhere on the computer.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchl.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchl.ru. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Searchl.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchl.ru and related programs.
Remove Searchl.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchl.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchl.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchl.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchl.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchl.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchl.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchl.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchl.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchl.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.