What is searchly.org?
searchly.org is a browser hijacker the promotes a useless search engine. Browser hijackers are not malicious computer viruses, they merely aim to generate income by leading you to sponsored content but that does not mean it should remain on your computer. Your browser’s settings will be changed and you will be stuck with searchly.org as your homepage until you get rid of the hijacker.
While hijackers are not dangerous themselves, they can expose you to malicious content, which could lead to a serious malware infection. You must have obtained the hijacker when you installed free software. It was attached in a way that allows it to install alongside the freeware but there are ways to prevent these unwanted installations. You will not benefit in any way by keeping searchly.org as the search engine provided does not even work. Remove searchly.org.
How does searchly.org spread?
Browser hijackers are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install automatically. They are set to install so you need to manually deselect them during freeware installation. Use Advanced or Custom settings and you will see a list of what has been added. If there is anything, all you have to do is uncheck the boxes of those items and that will stop it/them from installing. If you rush through the installation process, on the other hand, you will end up with all kinds of unwanted items, such as hijackers and adware. The reason why you may be stuck with having to delete searchly.org now is because you hurried through the installation process and completely missed the hijacker being there.
Why uninstall searchly.org?
searchly.org will change the settings of all your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. These changes will be carried out without your permission and you will not be able to undo them unless you first remove searchly.org from the system. searchly.org does not seem to work at all, if you try to search for something using the search engine, you will get a message saying ‘file not found’. Any of the other options do not seem to work either. It is rather useless. That may be for the best because at least you are not constantly exposed to sponsored content that could possibly lead to a serious malware infection. Since it has nothing to offer you, you should have no regrets after you delete searchly.org.
In order to fully uninstall searchly.org, you may need to obtain professional removal software. The program would locate and take care of searchly.org removal quickly and you would not need to do anything. You can choose to erase searchly.org manually but you would need to locate the hijacker first and that may be tricky. After you eliminate searchly.org, you can go back to usual browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove searchly.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall searchly.org. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like searchly.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall searchly.org and related programs.
Remove searchly.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall searchly.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete searchly.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove searchly.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for searchly.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete searchly.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase searchly.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove searchly.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall searchly.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable searchly.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.