Searchomepage.com Removal Tips
There are no doubts that Searchomepage.com simply is a potentially unwanted program (PUP). More specifically, it is categorized as a free download manager. Download managers are created in order to increase the download speed and make the whole process easier. Unfortunately, Searchomepage.com is rather different from what it claims to be.
At first, you would not suspect it because it looks legitimate and even offers some seemingly useful links to software like the Flash player. However, the programs provided may be completely fake and by trying to download them you will only damage your personal computer. So, without any hesitation, remove Searchomepage.com as quickly as possible before you or your family members accidentally infect the PC with malware.
Why is Searchomepage.com dangerous?
As you now know that Searchomepage.com is absolutely useless, we should also note that it is compatible with a number of browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. One of the reasons why you have to delete Searchomepage.com from your browser and PC system is a huge amount of third-party advertisements. This is the case with the majority of free programs from the Internet: you won’t pay any real money, but it may cost you your virtual security. That is why you shouldn’t click any pop-up or banner you spot. The speed of your computer might be diminished or you may notice system freezes. There is also one thing – it is very unlikely that the download manager travels alone. Your PC might be full of viruses at the moment. For this reason, uninstall Searchomepage.com and invest in a good anti-spyware tool.
How did my PC get infected with Searchomepage.com?
It is unlikely that you have downloaded the potentially unwanted program yourself. The usual way of spreading malware is called bundling and this means that the PUP successfully tried sneaking into your computer unnoticed. If you have found any other types of malicious software, this definitely means that it is time for downloading a legitimate spyware removal application for better protection. Our security team advises you to avoid unknown pages and not to install free software without reading all the instructions attentively. Usually, you may notice that there is a list of all the applications that are going to be installed, and your job is to delete the PUPs from that list. Also, choose the Custom or Advanced options in order to be able to do so.
How to remove Searchomepage.com from my computer system?
If you are concerned about Searchomepage.com removal, you have come to the right place. There are two options that you can choose from, and they include manual and automatic removal. Deleting the PUP manually will only delete Searchomepage.com but no other malware will be uninstalled. You should choose automatic removal with a spyware and malware removal program if you want high-quality security at all times.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchomepage.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchomepage.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchomepage.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Searchomepage.com and related programs.
Remove Searchomepage.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchomepage.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchomepage.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchomepage.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchomepage.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchomepage.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchomepage.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchomepage.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchomepage.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchomepage.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.