Searchonlineusa.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Searchonlineusa.com)
Searchonlineusa.com is an unreliable website that also functions as a browser hijacker. The hijacker usually enters your PC together with the potentially unwanted program called Search Online USA, which belongs to InfoSpace, LLC. The app spreads online in freeware and shareware bundles and it has been linked to other unwanted programs like DoReMe, Zoo Toolbar, and more.
The hijacker is compatible with all most commonly used web browsers. It does not improve your online experience in any way. On the contrary, it causes unnecessary slow downs and disruptions. We advise that you terminate Searchonlineusa.com asap.
How does Searchonlineusa.com work?
Searchonlineusa.com replaces your home page and default search engine as soon as it gets installed. The site may present you with adverts loaded from unreliable domains like Local-network404-alert.com, Mouse-driver-winupdate-warning.com, and others. If you see any ads on the page, you should stay away from them. We would also urge you not to use your new search engine as the results that it will show you may contain unsafe links as well. In general, you should be careful with all advertising data you see online, because the hijacker does not monitor or endorse any of it. The adverts could be fake and expose you to various scams. If you wish to keep your PC protected, you should delete Searchonlineusa.com without delay.
Before you move on to Searchonlineusa.com removal, you may want to know how it ended up in your system and how to avoid similar apps in the future. Browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted programs travel online in free software bundles. During the installation of free software, you are offered to install additional apps onto your PC. Unfortunately, these apps are rarely useful, and, in most cases, they are only aimed at monetizing the free services. That is why we recommend that you try to avoid installing them onto your computer. All you need to do is pay careful attention to the freeware setup and decline all of its optional offers.
How to remove Searchonlineusa.com?
In order to remove Searchonlineusa.com from your browsers, you have to uninstall its related software from your PC first. Once you do that, you should have no trouble fixing your browser settings. You can complete Searchonlineusa.com removal manually or automatically. Manual removal instructions are presented below the article and you are welcome to use them, should you choose this option. If, on the other hand, you decide to go with the more reliable solution, you will need to implement a malware removal tool. The utility from our page will scan your computer, detect all issues, and delete Searchonlineusa.com along with them. In addition to cleaning your computer, you can also count on the security software to keep it safe and protected in the future as it functions as a malware prevention tool as well.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchonlineusa.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchonlineusa.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchonlineusa.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Searchonlineusa.com and related programs.
Remove Searchonlineusa.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchonlineusa.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchonlineusa.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchonlineusa.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchonlineusa.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchonlineusa.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchonlineusa.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchonlineusa.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchonlineusa.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchonlineusa.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.