Searchpause.com is a browser hijacker that gets into your computer when you carelessly install freeware. Once it’s on your computer, it will change browser’s settings. It does that without you knowing and then you can’t restore the settings without having to delete Searchpause.com from your computer. It will try to redirect you to certain websites by using ads and weird search results so that it can increase traffic for those websites. For these reasons, Searchpause.com is considered to be a browser hijacker. While browser hijackers are not malicious by themselves, they can expose you to danger because the websites they redirect you to are not always safe. Worst case scenario, you might end up with malware on your computer. It has no use to you so we suggest you remove Searchpause.com.
How did Searchpause.com get into my computer?
Browser hijackers usually get into computers via software bundles. It’s attached to freeware so that when it is installed, the browser hijacker installs as well. This is a very popular spread method because users are still unaware of how to prevent such installations. All you need to do is use Advanced (Custom) settings when you install software. Browser hijackers and other added items are clearly shown if you use those settings and you can stop them from installing. Users usually prefer Default settings but by using them, they are risking installing unwanted items. We advise you to always use Advanced settings and uninstall Searchpause.com if it managed to slither into your computer.
Why do I need to remove Searchpause.com?
Browser hijackers exist to redirect user to certain websites. In order to do that they need to make redirecting users easier and they do that by changing browser’s settings. If when you open your favorite browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari) you notice that your homepage, new tabs and search engine have been changed to Searchpause.com, it means there is a redirect virus on your computer. The hijacker will insert sponsored websites into the search results, which means a lot of results will be ads. If you click on them, you might end up on a website that has nothing to do with what you were looking for. Searchpause.com might also show you loads of ads. The worrying thing about those ads and weird search results is that they could lead you to unsafe domains and you might end up with malware.. We do not see any useful features, so you probably should delete Searchpause.com.
There are two ways to uninstall Searchpause.com. You can do it by hand or automatically. We always suggest using anti-malware software because it would take care of Searchpause.com removal very quickly. But if you prefer to erase Searchpause.com by hand, there will be instructions provided.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchpause.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchpause.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchpause.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchpause.com and related programs.
Remove Searchpause.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchpause.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchpause.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchpause.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchpause.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchpause.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchpause.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchpause.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchpause.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchpause.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.