SearchSwapper.com Removal Tips
SearchSwapper.com may enter your computer with a potentially unwanted application called Search Swapper. The extension is promoted as a tool that can help you keep your browsers protected from unauthorized modifications. Ironically, it does the exact opposite of what it promises. The browser hijacker alters your settings upon arrival and stops you from manually changing them back. It aims at promoting its sponsors just like any other hijacker.
You should not be tricked by the way it is advertised as there is nothing beneficial about it to you as a computer user. We advise that you remove SearchSwapper.com without hesitation.
How does SearchSwapper.com work?
Although the application has an official page and is even promoted in Chrome Web Store, it usually enters systems through free software bundles. Once it gets installed, it changes your browser settings including your home page, new tab, and default search provider. The site that replaces them may look reliable, but you should not trust it blindly. It will not bring you the best results, because they will contain sponsored links added by the hijacker. These links may be unsafe.
You should be just as careful with other advertisements that you see online as they may be unreliable as well. The hijacker will insert various ads into your browsers, it may also cause redirects to its related sites. You should know that the advertisements are not endorsed by the program. You click on them at your own risk, and if you end up landing on a corrupted page as a result, you will not be able to blame anyone but yourself. Keep away from all ads until you terminate SearchSwapper.com. Its removal will also guarantee that you get rid of the other unwanted symptoms like Internet and system slow downs, tracking cookies, and more.
How to remove SearchSwapper.com?
There are two ways you can uninstall SearchSwapper.com from your browsers. One of them is manual SearchSwapper.com removal option. To terminate the hijacker manually, you will have to uninstall its related application and edit your browser settings. If you need more details on how to complete these tasks, you can follow the instructions presented below. An alternative solution is to delete SearchSwapper.com automatically. This can be done by using the malware remover from our page. The utility will scan your system, detect all threats, and delete SearchSwapper.com along with them. It will also help you keep your PC safeguarded from other infections that you may catch while surfing the Web.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SearchSwapper.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SearchSwapper.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SearchSwapper.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall SearchSwapper.com and related programs.
Remove SearchSwapper.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SearchSwapper.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SearchSwapper.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SearchSwapper.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SearchSwapper.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SearchSwapper.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SearchSwapper.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SearchSwapper.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SearchSwapper.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SearchSwapper.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- How do I get searchswapper off my computer
- How to get rid of Searchswapper from a mac
- REmove Searchswapper from my mac
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.