Searchtopresults.com is a browser hijacker that has appeared on your computer because you recently installed free software. It is not a malicious computer virus but nevertheless, can be highly irritating. If it is on your computer, you need to learn better installation habits and pay closer attention to how you install free software. It will make unwanted changes to your browser and prevent you from undoing them. Usually, browser hijackers aim to generate pay-per-click income by redirecting you to weird websites. Some users might even be exposed to malicious content. In the case of Searchtopresults.com, it provides you with a search engine that does not work. It gives you no search results. If it appears on your computer, you need to uninstall Searchtopresults.com.
How does Searchtopresults.com infect computers?
Free software bundles are usually the cause of a browser hijacker infection. You must have recently installed free software that had Searchtopresults.com attached to it. If you use Advanced or Custom settings during the freeware installation process, you will be able to deselect the added items. All you have to do is uncheck the boxes of the added items. If you use Default settings however, you will not be given the option of deselecting anything. You might not even be informed of anything being attached. Which is why you are not recommended to use Default settings. If you notice that you have installed this browser hijacker, we suggest you remove Searchtopresults.com.
Why uninstall Searchtopresults.com?
In order to fully delete Searchtopresults.com, we recommend you obtain a reliable removal tool. It will be able to locate Searchtopresults.com and all other threats and take care of them. Automatic Searchtopresults.com removal is the quickest option but you can also erase Searchtopresults.com manually. Whichever way you choose, make sure you terminate Searchtopresults.com fully.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchtopresults.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchtopresults.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchtopresults.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchtopresults.com and related programs.
Remove Searchtopresults.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchtopresults.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchtopresults.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchtopresults.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchtopresults.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchtopresults.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchtopresults.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchtopresults.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchtopresults.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchtopresults.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- install wizard checked a virus
- radera konto på hela datorn
- google fake picture
- удалить библиотеки в windows 8
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.