What is secure-surf.com?
Secure-surf.com is classified as a browser hijacker, which will modify your favorite web browsers’ settings without your consent. The whole page is written in French language; thus, the program is generated for the computer users living in France. However, even if your IP address is not French, your PC may still catch secure-surf.com infection. Once secure-surf.com reaches your computer, the hijacker will install an unwanted toolbar and slow down your Internet speed. Browser hijackers can cause serious computer problems; thus, you should remove secure-surf.com without hesitation.
Why do I need to delete Secure-surf.com from my PC?
Secure-surf.com may seem like a legitimate search provider; however, you should not be deceived by its looks. The search results might be infiltrated with various ads. You can not trust these advertisements because they are usually promoted by suspicious third parties websites. Moreover, there are many trustworthy search engines such as Google, Bing or Yahoo! that will give you reliable results. Thus, we recommend that you eliminate secure-surf.com from your computer’s system.
If you decide to keep secure-surf.com in your computer, your personal privacy may be violated. The hijacker monitors your web browsing habits in order to make sure that the given commercial material will seem useful to you. More than that, secure-surf.com may sell the collected information to third parties. If this happens, you may find even more ads on your PC. Furthermore, there is a possibility that the hijacker may access your personally identifiable information. The only way to protect your private data is to take care of secure-surf.com removal.
How can I remove secure-surf.com from my computer’s system?
There is no reason why you should trust secure-surf.com. The hijacker will connect to the internet and access your computer without permission. Moreover, you will be forced to visit secure-surf.com; in addition, your personal data may be stolen. Hence, we advise you to uninstall secure-surf.com once and for all.
The most annoying part about the hijacker is that you will not be able to delete secure-surf.com via control panel. Therefore, you should get a reliable anti-virus removal program, which will eliminate the threats and ensure your computer’s security. If you do not know which anti-spyware toolbar is trustworthy, you should try SpyHunter.
Secure-surf.com removal can be also executed manually. If you choose this method, you might find our manual removal instructions helpful. The guide is written bellow this article; make sure that you do not skip any steps from the instructions. In order to fix your computer, you will have to eliminate the application and modify each of your web browsers’ settings. As you can see this method is more time consuming. Moreover, there may be more programs that have reached your PC together with secure-surf.com. The best way to find them all is to install a reputable malware removal tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Secure-surf.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Secure-surf.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Secure-surf.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Secure-surf.com and related programs.
Remove Secure-surf.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Secure-surf.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Secure-surf.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Secure-surf.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Secure-surf.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Secure-surf.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Secure-surf.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Secure-surf.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Secure-surf.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Secure-surf.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.