What is Secure-surf.net?
Secure-surf.net is a browser hijacker that probably entered your computer using free software. Freeware bundles is the main way browser hijackers spread and it’s a very widespread method but many users still end up installing them. All users need to do to prevent unwanted installations is deselect the hijackers and adware that are attached to freeware. Once you install the hijacker, it will change your browser’s settings and set a different homepage and new tabs without your permission.
Hijackers use users to generate traffic to sponsored pages but give nothing in return. If you do not delete Secure-surf.net, you could be redirected to all kinds of weird, or even malicious sites. If you are not careful and not remove Secure-surf.net right away, you could end up with malware on your computer.
How does Secure-surf.net spread?
Browser hijackers spread using free software bundles. This is a very well-known method and it involves the hijacker being attached to freeware as an additional item, which needs to be deselected. This is easily done by unmarking a few boxes in Advanced or Custom settings. Access those settings during free program setup, and you will see everything that has been added. You should only continue with the freeware installation after you deselect everything that has been added to it because otherwise, you will end up having to uninstall Secure-surf.net or similar over and over again.
Should you delete Secure-surf.net?
The moment the hijacker enters your computer, it will change browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. Hijackers are sometimes able to perform these changes without the permission of the user which can startle many users when they open their browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) and see an entirely different homepage. When they try to reverse the changes, they are unable to do so. It can only be done after they remove Secure-surf.net. Less experienced users might give up and leave the hijacker on the computer as it does not seem to be harmful but you should not do that. For one, every search that you perform will be done via nova.rambler.ru, which may insert sponsored content into the results. Hijackers want you to visit those sponsored websites because more traffic means more money. The biggest problem with those redirects is that they might lead to unsafe web pages where malware could be waiting for you to enter. It is very easy to get a serious infection so you must always be vigilant. To protect your system, uninstall Secure-surf.net.
We generally recommend users download anti-malware software to erase Secure-surf.net simply because it’s much easier. The program would find and erase Secure-surf.net for you without you having to stress yourself out about it. If you try to carry out Secure-surf.net removal yourself, you may not get rid of the infection fully and it may renew itself again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Secure-surf.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Secure-surf.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Secure-surf.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Secure-surf.net and related programs.
Remove Secure-surf.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Secure-surf.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Secure-surf.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Secure-surf.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Secure-surf.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Secure-surf.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Secure-surf.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Secure-surf.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Secure-surf.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Secure-surf.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- getting rid of secure net surf through regedit
- how do i remove secure surf from mac
- secure surf net
- uninstall secure soft net
- what is secure surf net
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.