SecureSearch.co Removal Tips (Uninstall SecureSearch.co)
SecureSearch.co travels bundled with free third party software and is classified as a browser hijacker. It usually gets added to your browsers with the SecureSearch extension and alters your set preferences without your permission. The hijacker may be described as “the most advanced private search engine”, but it is actually aimed at promoting its sponsors.
It is sponsored by various advertisers not all of which can be trusted. In order to boost web traffic, the hijacker will cause redirects, insert ads into your browsers, and so on. If you wish to eliminate these annoying symptoms, you will have to terminate SecureSearch.co.
The SecureSearch.co hijacker may seem like a beneficial utility at first, because it claims to provide you with private search by not tracking your cookies. However, soon after its installation, you will start noticing various unwanted symptoms. First of all, the hijacker replaces your home page and default search engine. If you make use of your new search engine, you will be presented with results that will include sponsored links even though they may not be marked as such. That is why we urge you to be careful with these references and if possible, avoid making use of the so-called search engine altogether.
The advertising content will appear not only on the results page. The hijacker will flood you with pop-ups, coupons, banners, hyperlinks, and other ads no matter where you go online. It may also cause redirects to its sponsors. None of the advertisements are endorsed by the hijacker and you click on them at your own risk. In addition to lowering your cyber security level, the hijacker also slows down your browsing speed. You should not tolerate these disturbances any longer. We advise that you delete SecureSearch.co from your browsers as soon as you can.
How to remove SecureSearch.co?
You can eliminate SecureSearch.co from your browsers by uninstalling its related application and restoring the browser settings that it has altered. These tasks can be completed manually or automatically. If you choose to go with manual SecureSearch.co removal, you can follow the instructions we have prepared below the article. If, however, you prefer the more reliable solution and decide to delete SecureSearch.co automatically, you will have to use a malware prevention and removal tool. You can download the security software from our site. It will perform a system scan, detect all issues, and remove SecureSearch.co along with them. The anti-malware will also protect your PC from other infections you may catch online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SecureSearch.coUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SecureSearch.co. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like SecureSearch.co and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SecureSearch.co and related programs.
Remove SecureSearch.co from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SecureSearch.co from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SecureSearch.co from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SecureSearch.co from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SecureSearch.co or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SecureSearch.co from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SecureSearch.co from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SecureSearch.co from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SecureSearch.co from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SecureSearch.co and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.