What is Seekdns.com?
Seekdns.com is a browser hijacker that promotes a dubious search engine. If you have the hijacker installed on your computer, Seekdns.com will suddenly become your homepage. These unwanted changes are performed so that it could redirect you to sponsored pages and make income that way. Redirecting users is the reason why hijackers even exist.
They will not bring anything of value to your browsing sessions. You could even be led to a serious malware infection if you are not careful. One of the pages you could be redirected to may be infected and you could accidentally obtain malware. You must have obtained this hijacker when you installed free software. It was attached to some kind of freeware and when you installed it, you missed Seekdns.com being attached, thus it was allowed to install alongside. Delete Seekdns.com if you want to protect your computer.
How does Seekdns.com spread?
Browser hijackers and adware all use the same method to spread and that is via software bundles. They are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install automatically, unless you manually deselect them. You can do so by choosing Advanced or Custom settings and unchecking the boxes of those added items. Never rush the installation processes because that is how you end up with all kinds of unwanted items. If you do not want to end up having to uninstall Seekdns.com or similar again, always pay close attention to the installation processes and use Advanced.
Why remove Seekdns.com?
Seekdns.com will take over all your browsers and set itself as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. It will affect all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Evert time you open your browser, you will be redirected to Seekdns.com and that will continue to happen until you delete Seekdns.com from the system. Seekdns.com is very basic and only displays a search engine. If you type in a search term, you will only be given a couple of results. As a search engine, it is pretty useless. Even the results you are given, we suggest you do not click on them. You could be led to rather questionable websites and even malicious ones. Browser hijackers do not care on what pages you end up on so you could be led to malware-ridden ones and this could lead to a serious malware infection. We strongly suggest you uninstall Seekdns.com.
You may need to obtain professional removal software if you wish to fully remove Seekdns.com. You can take care of Seekdns.com removal manually but it may be difficult as browser hijackers are hidden. If do not fully erase Seekdns.com, it may be able to restore itself again. To help you eliminate Seekdns.com, we will provide instructions below this article. After you terminate Seekdns.com, you will be able to go back to usual browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Seekdns.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Seekdns.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Seekdns.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Seekdns.com and related programs.
Remove Seekdns.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Seekdns.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Seekdns.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Seekdns.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Seekdns.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Seekdns.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Seekdns.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Seekdns.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Seekdns.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Seekdns.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.